• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Borrow $240 Mil, Or Borrow Alot Less And Start Out Slow?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The IIHS will only test a vehicle from the dealer (or store) randomly that represents a production model. There will be no testing by them prior to production.
If there will be no testing by IIHS, then why are they holding meetings? PE wants to say it has a 5 star safety rating to make people feel the vehicle is safe. This would be good for sales and perhaps make investors more confident it will be a success. Perhaps EM is willing to pay IIHS to test the vehicle so EM can get that 5 star rating.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If there will be no testing by IIHS, then why are they holding meetings? PE wants to say it has a 5 star safety rating to make people feel the vehicle is safe. This would be good for sales and perhaps make investors more confident it will be a success. Perhaps EM is willing to pay IIHS to test the vehicle so EM can get that 5 star rating.

pure guess .... not long ago when a couple of computer generated Elio crash test video surfaced it was noted that today much of the crash testing is done via computer instead of actually crashing expensive vehicles .... at the least, EM could be introducing the Elio to the industry .... they could also present computer generated data .... here again, pure guess

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
pure guess .... not long ago when a couple of computer generated Elio crash test video surfaced it was noted that today much of the crash testing is done via computer instead of actually crashing expensive vehicles .... at the least, EM could be introducing the Elio to the industry .... they could also present computer generated data .... here again, pure guess
So, you are saying they may be trying to get a 5 star rating from IIHS based on the computer generated videos? This would make since. But IIHS would have to be satisfied that the production model would be close enough to the P4 on which these videos are based.

OR

The final design for the production model is complete and the videos are based on these. Having the production design finalized would be a significant step forward. I remember looking at these videos and thinking the nose looked longer like the production model is suppose to be.

Comments anyone on these videos?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
These are pictures comparing the production design and the P4.

OOPS. I could save the pictures but could not paste them into this post. Are they protected?

I copied them from a G1 post. Can someone else repost them here?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
These are pictures comparing the production design and the P4.

OOPS. I could save the pictures but could not paste them into this post. Are they protected?

I copied them from a G1 post. Can someone else repost them here?
image.jpg

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
By the way Jim, congratulations on becoming a Moderator, I have no doubt
you will do us plebes proud with your logical approach to the issues. ;):cool::D

your support and kind words are appreciated .... I've learned a great deal about EM since joining this forum and feel it is a valuable resource where others can come and learn .... the forum is fortunate to have some excellent administrators/moderators who have been and will continue to keep things positive and hopefully fun

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, you are saying they may be trying to get a 5 star rating from IIHS based on the computer generated videos? This would make since. But IIHS would have to be satisfied that the production model would be close enough to the P4 on which these videos are based.

OR

The final design for the production model is complete and the videos are based on these. Having the production design finalized would be a significant step forward. I remember looking at these videos and thinking the nose looked longer like the production model is suppose to be.

Comments anyone on these videos?
The videos are not of the P4. Goofy1 posted a picture of the vehicle in the videos and it is clear it is different from the P4. Exhaust, door beams, front geometry, roofline, side windows, etc.

Top Bottom