• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Behind The Scenes With Paul Elio

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio is who he is! it seems to be working for him. He certainly got our attention and our money so he is one smooth operator. Why be critical of his average guy persona while he is working hard to produce an affordable commuter vehicle for the average gum chewing family. Accept the fact that he chews gum and drinks a lot of coffee. I assume that's coffee in the cup. Next you will want to see him wing walking like Tesla Motor's Elon Musk.
View attachment 6559
Paul doesn't need to do any wing walking or walking on water, I'm happy with who he is and how far he has come. The start engine video however, was very impressive. I'm sure it took several takes but this is the persona Paul needs to put out there to catch the eye of the big money! Yes he has come off in the past as the average Joe with a dream but he's not in the garage or on the computer anymore, tinkering with an idea. He now needs to come off as the CEO of a start up car company with a product that's almost ready to go to production. All he needs is the money to get rolling. I want to help but I don't have 230 million laying around so I'm trying to give a little constructive criticism and as with all criticism ( good or bad ) he can take it or leave it. ;)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul doesn't need to do any wing walking or walking on water, I'm happy with who he is and how far he has come. The start engine video however, was very impressive. I'm sure it took several takes but this is the persona Paul needs to put out there to catch the eye of the big money! Yes he has come off in the past as the average Joe with a dream but he's not in the garage or on the computer anymore, tinkering with an idea. He now needs to come off as the CEO of a start up car company with a product that's almost ready to go to production. All he needs is the money to get rolling. I want to help but I don't have 230 million laying around so I'm trying to give a little constructive criticism and as with all criticism ( good or bad ) he can take it or leave it. ;)
I wasn't being critical of your good constructive criticism and may agree at some level, but merely pointing out we may as well accept Paul Elio for who he is. The right investors will recognize and appreciate his good qualities just as we do..........or not. I would become suspicious of a slick Paul Elio make over or a new slicker EM spokesman, but hey that's just me.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just got this and I'm sure a few others received it also.
Not a bad piece, Paul has to learn to spit out the gum before an interview...
Yup.

I watched less than a minute and a half of the MF clip when it showed up in my email and turned it off.

I'm sorry, but I'm so disgusted by Paul's gum chewing in this important interview, or news conference, or seminar, or whatever it was...
That I'm not about to suffer through the rest of it.

Maybe that's just me.

Then again, there just might be others out there like me.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's another part to the Motley Fool interview; this time on how to Market it.
I'm only going to post the link to this one because it's really long:

0b574bcb6d3753406f958c43247d4302?s=50&d=identicon&r=G.jpg

The Motley Fool – The $6,800 Car: How Elio Motors Plans to Disrupt the Car Industry
by The Elio Team
Okay, I sat through the gum chewing... There wasn't much new. Top speed of 107MPH, 0-60MPH in 9.6 seconds. They'll probably crash 22 of the 25 E series, tour a couple of them, keep one "golden car" that will have all the fixes and be THE production version... Let me see, I don't recall any other new info from the interview. Paul did seem pretty well put together and only started every other sentence with "So". I thought it was decent. I'd like to get hold of that slideshow that he was zooming through at times though.

roadtrippin2016

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Paul Elio is who he is! it seems to be working for him. He certainly got our attention and our money so he is one smooth operator. Why be critical of his average guy persona while he is working hard to produce an affordable commuter vehicle for the average gum chewing family. Accept the fact that he chews gum and drinks a lot of coffee. I assume that's coffee in the cup. Next you will want to see him wing walking like Tesla Motor's Elon Musk.
View attachment 6559

ATTA Boy !....you tell em'...I think you are right on in your description of our C.E.O. ! ....I'll take a gum-chewing blue collar engineer over a smooth talking type politician any day. Paul Elio's down to earth ability to talk straight and do for the masses is to be commended regardless of his mannerisms or gum-chewing style. What he has told his supporters far outweighs those trivial nit-picking habits. He has a lot of compassion for what he is doing and a heart for this production to be a reality ! Surface only looking people are the..."Smile in your face and stab you in the back" types...I'll take a sincere gum-chewing blue collar engineer that is focused on the "PRIZE" in the auto-cycle industry !....just sayin'

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ATTA Boy !....you tell em'...I think you are right on in your description of our C.E.O. ! ....I'll take a gum-chewing blue collar engineer over a smooth talking type politician any day. Paul Elio's down to earth ability to talk straight and do for the masses is to be commended regardless of his mannerisms or gum-chewing style. What he has told his supporters far outweighs those trivial nit-picking habits. He has a lot of compassion for what he is doing and a heart for this production to be a reality ! Surface only looking people are the..."Smile in your face and stab you in the back" types...I'll take a sincere gum-chewing blue collar engineer that is focused on the "PRIZE" in the auto-cycle industry !....just sayin'
I wasn't tellin em. A polished white collar straight talking (Musk) and unpolished white collar straight talking (Elio) are likely focused on the same prize, MONEY. Musk is successfully building luxury cars for the rich and Elio wants to build autocycles for the average guy. I can't identify any blue collars on the Elio Team. I don't identify with the white collars on Musk's Team, but they have earned my trust. My only guage of trust is based on performance and right now Elio's trust is difficult to guage for me personally. IMO/NFB

Top Bottom