• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Any Hams Getting An Elio?

Nathan Burton

Reaction score
OK - I am planning to put full or mostly full HF (40-10). I have never done it before but this is the first car in years that my kids will not get free reign. I hoping to get an 857 and and auto-tuner and then prolly just run a 102 on a trunk lip mount. However if I do set that up I want to add a 2M / 70CM antenna as well. What I am not sure is if I put one on each side of the trunk lid if there will be enough separation. I have had some pretty close antennas before but never 1 foot. Otherwise I think the 102 centered on the trunk lid lip and a small NMO mag mount.

I don't know what do you guys think? As cool as it would be I am NOT going to mount a big ol' screw driver.

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK - I am planning to put full or mostly full HF (40-10). I have never done it before but this is the first car in years that my kids will not get free reign. I hoping to get an 857 and and auto-tuner and then prolly just run a 102 on a trunk lip mount. However if I do set that up I want to add a 2M / 70CM antenna as well. What I am not sure is if I put one on each side of the trunk lid if there will be enough separation. I have had some pretty close antennas before but never 1 foot. Otherwise I think the 102 centered on the trunk lid lip and a small NMO mag mount.

I don't know what do you guys think? As cool as it would be I am NOT going to mount a big ol' screw driver.

Also how do you tell your reservation number? Is that the same as my order number?
Hi,
Welcome from THE Sunshine State.
Whatever you were referring to, I have not a clue, but your q about order res # I might be able to help-

Right now only 1k all in get a reservation # which is their spot in line (currently 13k +/-)
Everyone else (less than 1k all in)-has a spot in line, but cannot currently be determined. IF EM wished, at the time they stop taking reservations (first year??) the full list pf buyers could be published.
Your order number is not used in the determination of line position.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
OK - I am planning to put full or mostly full HF (40-10).

Hi,
Welcome from THE Sunshine State.
Whatever you were referring to, I have not a clue, .

welcome indeed .... while it sounds interesting, add me as one who has no clue about the technical points you raised, hopefully down the line when you get it going you can post some pictures and comments

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In response to the question of hitting the morse keys as texting, my suggestion would be using your bluetooth , just
say the letters in morse code i.e. dot dot dot, dash dash dash, dot dot dot ! (this example also includes my code knowledge !)

Wass up with not using a C.B.?

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In response to the question of hitting the morse keys as texting, my suggestion would be using your bluetooth , just
say the letters in morse code i.e. dot dot dot, dash dash dash, dot dot dot ! (this example also includes my code knowledge !)

Wass up with not using a C.B.?
Yeah, all you need is a 1000 watt linear amplifier, 'n' you can talk all over the waves.....

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, all you need is a 1000 watt linear amplifier, 'n' you can talk all over the waves.....
I think Paul was talking symbolically ham radios wave frequency assignments as simply an illustration of production conflicts that cause extra production costs for anything. It has nothing to do with the the actual hobby. For those that think they have to go crazy with a 1000 Watt linear amplifier I'll be selling an after market EMF pulse generator. It will have a unidirectional parabolic antenna enabling the owner to select only the intended and offending vehicle. Need I describe what an EMF pulse generator does to the electrical system of the target? LOL

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Paul was talking symbolically ham radios wave frequency assignments as simply an illustration of production conflicts that cause extra production costs for anything. It has nothing to do with the the actual hobby. For those that think they have to go crazy with a 1000 Watt linear amplifier I'll be selling an after market EMF pulse generator. It will have a unidirectional parabolic antenna enabling the owner to select only the intended and offending vehicle. Need I describe what an EMF pulse generator does to the electrical system of the target? LOL
There is no need to describe what.... just assure me there is an FM and Bluetooth available, and I'm good. It's great that like minded hobbyists find each other here. I find it amazing! Robotics, engine modifications , body work, designs, suspensions and of course the ever popular insightful mass of folks who are gas filler locator engineers!!

Top Bottom