• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Any Body Else From Se All In

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Piece of trivia; Jack Danials is distilled in a dry county. LOL go figure.
My brother in law's grandfather used to work at JD building barrels for them. He was also a preacher. One day, one of the managers came through showing some strangers around, and they asked him if they could take his picture if they gave him a dollar. Of course he said "sure" and thought nothing more about it. Later on a full page JD add came out in Playboy, and guess who it was? That didn't go over very well since he was a preacher that was in a liquor add in a girlie magazine! He was mad about that the rest of his life.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My brother in law's grandfather used to work at JD building barrels for them. He was also a preacher. One day, one of the managers came through showing some strangers around, and they asked him if they could take his picture if they gave him a dollar. Of course he said "sure" and thought nothing more about it. Later on a full page JD add came out in Playboy, and guess who it was? That didn't go over very well since he was a preacher that was in a liquor add in a girlie magazine! He was mad about that the rest of his life.
That is a very funny story. Thanks for sharing. LOL :-) Z

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I guess it's funny now but i'd have sued the stink out those blasterds for defamation of character. I guess the moral is don't sell your soul to the devil for a dollar. More like do it for $1000 dollars like I just did 5 mins ago by going all in on the Elio. LOL

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yay! CONGRATS Folks!! :)

THANKS !!!!!
I wont be going with the airplane color scheme here. My wife wont be caught dead in it. Grumman-F3F-Inflight.jpg

I'm thinking of playing with her mind a little though. I'm going to show her the following and claim that Elio is offering after marked mods to look like this. Calling it the Elio school bus mod.

ATT236858.jpg

Last edited:

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess it's funny now but i'd have sued the stink out those blasterds for defamation of character. I guess the moral is don't sell your soul to the devil for a dollar. More like do it for $1000 dollars like I just did 5 mins ago by going all in on the Elio. LOL
Glad you'll get a number now Folks! Please post it, as you will be towards the back of the line of current production numbers in real time.:D As for suing, he would have, BUT, he gave permission, AND took payment ($1.00) for his picture. There was nothing he could do. But it's still a funny, and true story. You're correct in saying "I guess the moral is don't sell your soul to the devil for a dollar". In today's world, there's a lesson in this. NEVER allow you're picture, likeness, or name to be used for a quick buck, no matter how inoccent it appears at the time. :)

Top Bottom