• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Another Orlando Area Newbie

Velnias

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Allo,

Gonna start off by saying that as of 31Mar14, I have not yet put a reserve in. This is due to timing and money. I just recently started a new job that pays less than my last one but with a longer commute. Wanna get out of training and be sure I can hack it before committing to anything else out there. I hope that won't be a problem with me being here.

That being said.... I stumbled upon the Elio online one day and have somewhat been obsessed since. I try to either counter or ignore many of the negative nay-sayers on youtube and FB. I'm always looking for more info, more new, more pics, or more videos of the Elio. I've already somewhat stalked the forums for a couple of days before posting.

I currently drive a 2005 Pontiac Grand Am and ride a 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Superlow Sportster. Their combined highway mileage is less than what the Elio is being built for. lol

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Allo,

Gonna start off by saying that as of 31Mar14, I have not yet put a reserve in. This is due to timing and money. I just recently started a new job that pays less than my last one but with a longer commute. Wanna get out of training and be sure I can hack it before committing to anything else out there. I hope that won't be a problem with me being here.

That being said.... I stumbled upon the Elio online one day and have somewhat been obsessed since. I try to either counter or ignore many of the negative nay-sayers on youtube and FB. I'm always looking for more info, more new, more pics, or more videos of the Elio. I've already somewhat stalked the forums for a couple of days before posting.

I currently drive a 2005 Pontiac Grand Am and ride a 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Superlow Sportster. Their combined highway mileage is less than what the Elio is being built for. lol
Welcome from southern Oregon, Velnias. You do not have to be a reservationist to participate here. There are a lot of ideas floating around, some good information, speculation, - in other words a little bit of everything. We have a great support staff if you need assistance with anything. In the mean time enjoy the journey and good luck with the new job. When you are ready you will know what you want to do. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Allo,

I forgot to mention the Elio is going to be on display during Barrett Jackson Auction during event hours. It is being held at the South Florida Fairgrounds in West Palm Beach. There is an actual address on this site under Events. Z

Velnias

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I forgot to mention the Elio is going to be on display during Barrett Jackson Auction during event hours. It is being held at the South Florida Fairgrounds in West Palm Beach. There is an actual address on this site under Events. Z
Oh, I got to see it in person and sit in both seats while it was at Daytona Bike Week. That was one of my goals when I went out there for my annual visit to it. When I spoke to one of the reps, he said that with what I already knew and was saying to him I could sell it for him. lol

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh, I got to see it in person and sit in both seats while it was at Daytona Bike Week. That was one of my goals when I went out there for my annual visit to it. When I spoke to one of the reps, he said that with what I already knew and was saying to him I could sell it for him. lol
Lucky you. My son introduced me to the Elio in January and it was love at first sight. A week later I knew more about it than he did and that is still true. Neither one of has see one. He lives in Toledo, OH and I live in Oregon so our visits are by telephone. These days we spend our time talking Elio. LOL I have reserved, he has not but will see it in October in Detroit. I warned him to plan on reserving then because everyone on here who has seen it has ended up reserving. Some at $100 like me but most with $1K. I am already saving up to increase my reservation to the next level of $500. LOL Elio is mine! :-) Z

Velnias

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I do have to say that the backseat needs just a little more head room and the seat needs some better cushioning. I told the rep this and he said they are already looking at making more headroom, but he wasn't sure what else was being done with the cushioning of the rear seat. The front seat was fine, nice and comfortable, the reach to everything was good, plenty of room, and good view of everything.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome Veinias!

Glad you could join the rest of us who are obsessed with this great Elio idea. I hope you have a great time reading about and discussing everything about the Elio. Good luck in your new job and I hope everything works out great so you can join the reservation club. :)

We expect to see the next prototype (P5) sometime in June or so which not only should contain the production drivetrain but should have a higher roofline allowing for more head room especially in the back seat. Right now we are mostly discussing any new information Elio Motors releases and anxiously waiting for June to get here so we can check out what will hopefully be the final prototype before they start building some pre-production models for testing. This whole process is very unique as we get to follow along with a vehicle as it is being developed unlike most cars which are made public after development has occurred.

Welcome again and if you ever have any issues please be sure to contact a staff member as we are here to help.

John axsa

Reaction score
Hello Orlando newbie. Welcome I'm from Winter Springs. Il all in and someday soon you will be to. Good luck

I currently drive a 2005 Pontiac Grand Am and ride a 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Superlow Sportster. Their combined highway mileage is less than what the Elio is being built for. lol[/quote]
He

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do have to say that the backseat needs just a little more head room and the seat needs some better cushioning. I told the rep this and he said they are already looking at making more headroom, but he wasn't sure what else was being done with the cushioning of the rear seat. The front seat was fine, nice and comfortable, the reach to everything was good, plenty of room, and good view of everything.
I saw the P3 in Tampa, and the P4 in Daytona. The P3 back seat was MUCH BETTER, and I liked the way its back folded completely down (not just the headrest). With more headroom, they may go back to the P3 seat!

Top Bottom