• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Announcements Post Suppliers Summit August 2015

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can't be on the right unless they want to fold it up, pull it through the car, then muscle it into a rack on the right. You can't always plan on having a 2nd person available. Anyone in a chair want to be able to do it by themselves; simply because there may be a time that a 2nd person isn't an option.
It may be an unsolvable problem.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
So where is some news -- actual news -- from the Suppliers Summit?
I don't think they have released any as of now.
I would give it till next week. Everyone needs time to compile notes and get different approvals before posting publicly.

I'm still waiting for the funding news that PE said "they have some high fidelity news coming".

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nothing is "unsolvable" when it comes to mobility systems; just takes a little additional creative thinking and designing.
I think that roof top carrier is going to be the best answer.
We have a wheel chair that breaks down into parts and fits in the back of our PriusC (smaller version of Prius).
If you have two people, one needing a chair, the mini-trailer with a light load custom hitch is one way to go. Putting a chair directly on an engineered hitch will not work out. This will unbalance a reverse trike.

The other possible case would be a side rack for a fold up chair. If you can't manage these things by yourself, you can't put it inside of course. And outside would require your helpmate to be there for you.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe they decided to take the weekend off?
I understand that some people who work actually do that!
A weekend? Yeah, I've heard of that before.

I'm, sure the people at EM and PE himself are very aware that we are all hanging on a thread wanting information on the state of Elio.
And with the new marketing people they have they know that whatever is released has got to be spot on with actual real information that can be backed up with facts.

Reaction score
Sounds interesting except for one thing; what are Reliable Trucks? Or what are they used for?
It's obvious that something major was going on with them; any idea what that was?
I feel like I missed something about them. :confused2:

I am sorry. Reliable Trucking Company. At lease a hundred great big box trucks. Each one big enough to move two or three rich families's belongings across country. They were there to intimidate the cruisers to end the party and set to move in to block the roads. If you didn't leave the car haulers (parking lot truck, lol) would take our precious funny cars away. It was better in this case that riot gear. The Henry Ford Museum was wonderful but a VERY expensive visit. Almost 60 bucks to get in, including $6 parking and $20 to rent a electric wheel chair (which was sinful). Then on top of that we bought 4 hot dogs and two bowls of fancy macaroni and cheese and one soft drink .... costing over $27.00 !!! Wonderful place to visit but don't eat the hot dogs, lol. It was the most expensive meal all weeks, and the two of us ate like Queens the whole time. I gained 3 pounds and Maddy gained 9 !!!

Reaction score
Thought of this after seeing one of our most valued members using a wheel chair. I wonder how easy Elio can be made to work with only hand controls. There is a gentlemen at my work, who can't walk without extreme assistance, but once in his car, drives along as smooth as can be. I'm certain his car is hand controled.

Also, wonder how easy it would be getting in, storing a wheel chair or braces, etc etc.

Something nobody likes to think about, but could happen to any of us at any time. And for new users who have a disability.

It would be a bitch and I've been bitching for year about this. Best thing I figure is a hitch on the back or right side to hang a chair from. My legs are fine. My heart is bad.

Top Bottom