• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Air Conditioning / Heating / Air Filtration

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Windows? You have windows? These new fangled ideas will surely never catch on..... ;)

having never been to the UK, I don't know if you guys get any cool, damp, rainy, blustery weather over there or not ..o_O.. in our part of the country I've come to enjoy having a dry, quiet ride .. :cool:

Jim

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We run the AC almost year 'round here in the Texas Tropics - in winter we mix chilled air with the heat to hold down the humidity and resulting condensate on the inside of the windows. Many luxury cars do this automatically to keep minimal moisture available to condense on the windows. After several minutes of operation, it's more effective than the defrosters.
My GEO does this, and it isn't a luxury car by a long stretch.

samwichse

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you switch to 'defrost', the A/C compressor cycles to dehumidify the air going through the vents. Been that way as far back as I can remember for all cars.
Not Hondas in the 80s and into the 90s.

I find this super annoying because it means you burn extra gas when it's cold out to run the stupid compressor when just heating the air is enough to evaporate the condensation.

Installed a kill switch on the compressor clutch relay on my Civic to fix this, but it wouldn't be a problem if they didn't specifically or the energy into making it one.

Top Bottom