• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A List Of Electric Vehicles Currently Under Development

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...then again, "SIMPLE" is not in his vocabulary...."EXTREME" is..
and it ain't cheap! Lol
I could see Elon offering a 2 wheeler self balancing motorcycle or 3 wheeler autocycle into his Tesla model line up. He’s offered up a sports-car, 2 sedans. and a cross over, and currently has a smaller crossover, pickup, and semi truck in the works. A small high performance urban 2 seater commuter is the logical next step. If he can build a $35K base Tesla Model 3, he could build an extremely simple and affordable $15-20K 2 seater Tesla Model 2. Go Elion!

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I could see Elon offering a 2 wheeler self balancing motorcycle or 3 wheeler autocycle into his Tesla model line up. He’s offered up a sports-car, 2 sedans. and a cross over, and currently has a smaller crossover, pickup, and semi truck in the works. A small high performance urban 2 seater commuter is the logical next step. If he can build a $35K base Tesla Model 3, he could build an extremely simple and affordable $15-20K 2 seater Tesla Model 2. Go Elion!
Can't wait to see that! :thumb:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I expect the adoption rate for EV’s to gallop forward at an accelerated pace!

400 mile range is only years away!

All major automobile manufacturers are concentrating on advancing EV technology!

Buckle up your seatbelt!
I almost agree on all points you mentioned...except don't expect people to line up in droves to buy EVs until the price are within reach of low to middle income earners. Here's hoping to sooner than later.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I almost agree on all points you mentioned...except don't expect people to line up in droves to buy EVs until the price are within reach of low to middle income earners. Here's hoping to sooner than later.
3wheelin, You and I are lined up galloping towards the purchase of our first affordable ev options.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope not, but y'all might be wrong about the future. Certain parties in the government would prefer that private citizens would no longer own vehicles. Instead, they would call up a cab-like service. The cab company would then take care of all servicing and maintenance according to local/state/federal laws. The services would all be automatic pilot (for our safety). Of course they would also be battery powered (for the environment and our health). The future I'm talking about won't happen in the next ten years, but maybe in the next twenty to thirty. While some of the younger generation are pretty good at doing things, I'm afraid that most expect to be taken care of.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope not, but y'all might be wrong about the future. Certain parties in the government would prefer that private citizens would no longer own vehicles. Instead, they would call up a cab-like service. The cab company would then take care of all servicing and maintenance according to local/state/federal laws. The services would all be automatic pilot (for our safety). Of course they would also be battery powered (for the environment and our health). The future I'm talking about won't happen in the next ten years, but maybe in the next twenty to thirty. While some of the younger generation are pretty good at doing things, I'm afraid that most expect to be taken care of.

My buddies and I were talking about that exact scenario, where car ownership would be more of a hobby and general transportation would be done on a subscription style basis. You have regularly scheduled times for pick up and drop off and when needed on demand you would have to wait a bit for the car to come get you. But that way you do not have a depreciating asset sitting unused in your driveway, unless you choose to.

It is definitely a different way of thinking and not for everyone, but if it could be done right I would be on board. 15 - 20 years ago I was all about doing my own maintenance, spending my weekends on the garage floor under a car or bike. But now, I just want something that works without hassle. I have my Miata as a planned project car, but starting to think I should just leave it lightly modified as is since it works so well :D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We currently have no car ownership options with Uber and mass transit. It’s evolving since car/Hot Rod enthusiasts are a dying breed. The young gens could care less about a car, but rather just efficiently getting from point A to B. I’m having a hard time pulling the trigger on buying my last new car, based on the number of miles I drive per year. The Arcimoto will be my fun daily use around town transportation and I may as well keep my low mileage ‘05 SUV as an enclosed range extender and earmark the cash I’ve accumulated for a new car to the health care industry and/or funeral costs...........wait a minute........new car it is! The question is will it be an EV of the future? :)

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We currently have no car ownership options with Uber and mass transit. It’s evolving since car/Hot Rod enthusiasts are a dying breed. The young gens could care less about a car, but rather just efficiently getting from point A to B. I’m having a hard time pulling the trigger on buying my last new car, based on the number of miles I drive per year. The Arcimoto will be my fun daily use around town transportation and I may as well keep my low mileage ‘05 SUV as an enclosed range extender and earmark the cash I’ve accumulated for a new car to the health care industry and/or funeral costs...........wait a minute........new car it is! The question is will it be an EV of the future? :)
What you say is the trend. What is really going to happen is electric self driving cars. Trust me, the car industry is already tooling up for it. It's coming whether you like it or not. Most manufacturers are already planning on the next generation of ICE will be their last as there's no reason to keep spending millions for just a tiny amount of efficiency.

I see EV's right now as before the internet bubble. In the mid to late 90's we had people writing code and developing hardware that was going to allow the internet to do everything. Thing is, they did but it couldn't be executed to the general public to make money. Problem was twofold. People didn't have the bandwidth to use it (either being in an area where there was none or very little or it being really expensive). The next was the hardware was way to expensive to use it. I'll give you an example. I watched a place that I did work for in 2000, that installed five T1 lines to their facility. Then bought a $80K system so they could video conference and share data with their other plants in the US and Europe. Even at that the system was marginal. Fast forward to today, I can do that at home with a 5 year old laptop that I bought new for $400.

So, for EV's, we need the distance on a tank of electrons, a fast way to refill those electrons, places as common as a gas station to do the refill and we need everything from a 4 door sedan that costs $15K all the way up to the high dollar stuff that's for supercars. When EV's get to that, then we will see ICE become the thing of the past but will still exist for a while. No different than why GM can still sell Cadillacs. It's not that people buy them because they are they are like a BMW, it's that old people will still buy them and they need to fill the market. No different than Buick or Lincoln.

Top Bottom