• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A Great Article Explaining Overstock.com’s Current Tzero Sto Offering...

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As it's been said before – China wouldn't need Paul, if they were to decide to produce and sell an Elio-like vehicle in the U.S.

If China were to sell one here – I probably wouldn't be interested in purchasing one. As it is, I help China out enough. Nothing against the Chinese people, but I'd prefer to help manufacturing in the U.S. Help put food on our worker's tables.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is an interesting article. Not exactly fact-filled, more of a marketing-style fluff piece.

Perhaps the best point that he makes is that raising capital via stock offerings is expensive, and that the hope of tokens is that it will somehow reduce the cost associated with offering stock. (STO's are most commonly explained as being just like stock, but "on the blockchain".) But since STOs are supposedly regulated, you still have to meet all the SEC's red tape, which can't be cheap. (And apparently EM has already had a difficult time meeting.) And instead of NYSE or NASDAQ listing fees, you have to pay some exchange to host it for you, and there's got to be a host of contractors and consultants that youre going to need to pay to get it all done, etc.

And when all that is done, what do you get? In Elio's case, you get access to all those accredited investors ... who have already been turning you down for the past 5 years! If they couldn't find investors, and couldn't sell their stock either through private placement at HIGHLY DISCOUNTED rates, why should there be any speculation that somehow, THIS TIME it will be different?

I'll believe it when Elio Motors puts a delivery date on the front page of their web site, and not one second before.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He's pretty negative on the tZERO STO: "...a crappy offering" and "...expect this thing to puke hard once it starts trading. Until tZERO’s gross profits have annual growth rates approaching 40% (depending on inflation), investors who buy at $10 per token will probably be underwater." i.e. unless tZERO has an astonishingly remarkable profit growth, you will lose money by buying their tokens. (Edit: These comments were soecifically related to the tZERO initial STO, and have nothing to do with the proposed Eliocoin offering.)

Essentially, it sounds like the STOs are stock, without any of the rights and privileges of stock. If they couldn't get people to buy the stock, do they really think they can get people to buy the crappier-than-stock tokens by waving "crypto", "blockchain", and "token" buzzwords?

I guess it all depends on how the token offering is written, and the prices assigned to it. The terms they are talking about with the tZERO offering are garbage.
People are so enamored with bit-coin thatthere is a gullible market just waiting to be taken advantaqe of. I don't trust bit coin so I certainly won't trust a wannabe.

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Given the fact that Elio Motors has no foreseeable revenue other than a trickle of new reservations...and no significant assets...it’s hard understand how an asset backed STO (ElioCoin) would find any investor appetite...

I’m also trying to understand what are the consequences of a STO (Elio Coin) offering with regards to the value of the current Reg A+ stock...

ElioCoin is uncharted territory...

Given the price history of Elio stock, why would any investor see value in ElioCoin?

Top Bottom