• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

84 Mpg

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
no doubt much will be learned after EM begins production .... that is one reason we chose to make our All In reservation to where hopefully 30,000 - 40,000 will roll off the line in front of ours .... the reports from those with low reservation numbers will be fascinating

THIS IS EXACTLY THE REASON THAT I WAITED UNTIL JULY 31st OF LAST YEAR TO PLACE MY FIRST RESERVATION .
I WANTED TO GET ONE WITHOUT TOO LONG A WAIT BUT LONG ENOUGH THAT THEY COULD SOLVE ANY
EARLY PRODUCTION PROBLEMS .

I WOULD HAVE WAITED A LITTLE LONGER BUT THEY WERE TAKING THE 50% BONUS AWAY .
I DID NOT WANT TO MISS OUT ON THAT DEAL , ONLY TO HAVE THEM BRING IT BACK !

I JUST GOT A NEW KEYBOARD AND THE CAPS LOCK WORKS GREAT !

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally,I'm one of those people that owned one when lower case didn't exist for personal computers. So I don't notice it so much.
Same here; I'm a keyboard commando from a long time ago (I did programming in 1967). And 16 years of working around Title & Escrow (they use all caps in forms) you'd think I'd be used to it by now. But .........

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
no doubt much will be learned after EM begins production .... that is one reason we chose to make our All In reservation to where hopefully 30,000 - 40,000 will roll off the line in front of ours .... the reports from those with low reservation numbers will be fascinating
This is what I would prefer to do, but instead deliberately tried to be an early one. The bills to create an autocycle classification have been introduced into the senate and house. I am sure they will take a wait and see approach and if Elios appear in numbers on the road, they will then pass this bill. This means the VIN number given by the federal government will classify it as an autocycle.

This is exactly what the California strangulators (oops---I mean regulators) would salivate for. They then could easily pass a state regulation requiring all autocycles to be treated as automobiles in regards to smog, regulations, and testing.

Hopefully I can get and early Elio with a VIN number still classifying it as a motorcycle which are exempt.

I suspect most people on this forum are not from California and do not understand me.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
THIS IS EXACTLY THE REASON THAT I WAITED UNTIL JULY 31st OF LAST YEAR TO PLACE MY FIRST RESERVATION .
I WANTED TO GET ONE WITHOUT TOO LONG A WAIT BUT LONG ENOUGH THAT THEY COULD SOLVE ANY
EARLY PRODUCTION PROBLEMS .

I WOULD HAVE WAITED A LITTLE LONGER BUT THEY WERE TAKING THE 50% BONUS AWAY .
I DID NOT WANT TO MISS OUT ON THAT DEAL , ONLY TO HAVE THEM BRING IT BACK !

I JUST GOT A NEW KEYBOARD AND THE CAPS LOCK WORKS GREAT !
I do not use all caps, but I have noticed all caps text is easier to read.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most all FWD cars are pretty good in snow. I believe the Elio will be even better in snow than most. It's not just how many wheels are powered on a vehicle but how many unpowered wheels you're dragging through the snow. One on the Elio two for everyone else. That fact along with electronic traction control and the Elio should be great in the snow up to snow so deep the body or chassis are dragging. Possibly not as good as a limited slip differential but close.
Except the Elio will have the added burden of dragging that rear wheel through snow most cars don't touch.

Reactions: HHH

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ski attachment for back wheel.
Problem solved.

It's going to be interesting for sure. We get a lot of refreezing of the slushy crap out here, and I'm trying to picture how the little tail-dragger rear wheel will react to the 4-wheeler's frozen tire tracks. Going to have to be on guard on the unplowed stuff, I think.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's going to be interesting for sure. We get a lot of refreezing of the slushy crap out here, and I'm trying to picture how the little tail-dragger rear wheel will react to the 4-wheeler's frozen tire tracks. Going to have to be on guard on the unplowed stuff, I think.
yep, along with all the other stuff that we've discussed ad nauseam, like critters, pot holes, grease puddles, etc...

Top Bottom