• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

$7300 Final Price

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are some of us getting the "Commitment" letters?
If so what is the highest reservation number notified so far. (Waiting for mine.)
I haven't tried this, but you might be able to get to the form through the Elio website.

You can try this link. I'm not sure it will for for everybody, but it might, since I accessed it through the Elio blog, rather than responding to my email:

click here

If you try it and it works, would you say so in this thread? Then we can supply it to others having this problem, or who can't seem to have their lock-in form work correctly.

Last edited:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have two reservations as well but I'm not sure if I committed to both or only one. I went to the link, identified myself, checked all the boxes and "electronically signed" it but I saw no reference to whether this was a commitment for one or both of my reservations.

Did you find or do something different or do you think that by doing the commitment that all reservations get automatically committed?
This was a concern of mine as well.

At the bottom of the page (in fine print, of course) it says:

"Clicking the submit button acknowledges your acceptance of the use of electronic signature and that each of your non-refundable reservations will lock at the $7,000 level."

Notice it says "each" of your non-refundable reservations. The Key word is "each". So, by filling out the page and electronically signing it, all reservations will be locked in. It also make since because EM wants the maximum commitments it can get.

Here is a quick copy to the page:

https://www.eliomotors.com/lockin/?...-8Bh5Q7FZ28HUBzEP_jicIpmzOirKI&_hsmi=32848126

I woke up this morning feeling good. The elio price is locked in and the ATVM loan seems alive and well after all. Life is good!

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For those of you interested, the June 2016 ATVM loan guidelines that Elio cites in its email is here: http://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2016/06/f33/Guidance_for_Potential_ATVM_Applicants_June2016.pdf

If you read the third paragraph on page 7, you can see where DOE clearly states that an offtake agreement (contract between a producer and a buyer for the buyer to purchase all or a portion of the producer's goods) provides a high level of confidence that adequate future sales can be achieved in the absence of a demonstrated sales history. That "high level of confidence" language is a direct requirement for the market analysis part of the loan application. The guideline also says the loan program officer is ready to discuss with the applicant its proposed approach to giving DOE this high level of confidence.

My take? Elio saw this language, determined that an offtake agreement with committed buyers would give DOE that high level of confidence, and discussed it with the LPO and got tacit approval. Hence, the commitment email from Elio.

The upshot? Elio Motors is very close to getting its ATVM loan.
Great research.

Thanks.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This was a concern of mine as well.

At the bottom of the page (in fine print, of course) it says:

"Clicking the submit button acknowledges your acceptance of the use of electronic signature and that each of your non-refundable reservations will lock at the $7,000 level."

Notice it says "each" of your non-refundable reservations. The Key word is "each". So, by filling out the page and electronically signing it, all reservations will be locked in. It also make since because EM wants the maximum commitments it can get.

Here is a quick copy to the page:

https://www.eliomotors.com/lockin/?...-8Bh5Q7FZ28HUBzEP_jicIpmzOirKI&_hsmi=32848126

I woke up this morning feeling good. The elio price is locked in and the ATVM loan seems alive and well after all. Life is good!

Thanks for the info and posting the link again. I should have read that final line a bit more carefully but in the end, I would have wanted to commit on both reservations anyway.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For those of you that have multiple reservations and plan to commit, will you commit to all of your reservations?

I went all in a long time ago but bought a 2nd $100 all in as a gift for my wife when she was moaning about her car getting up there and that replacing it with an elio would be a whole lot better than coughing up more than 3x the cost of an elio for something else.

Anyway, the $100 all in I bought for her was mostly a lark and I figured $100 to get her in line wasn't a big lose if she backed out. Yesterday I committed to my reservation and because I didn't read fully, I also committed to hers. In the end, I wanted to commit to both reservations so it is fine that I didn't read carefully.

However, I suspect many multiple reservation holders may have taken additional reservations as a way to hedge things for the future. Namely, that they could choose at a later time if they wanted to by multiples, presumably because they might want to resell and make a quick profit, or as in my case, wanted to hedge their bets in case somebody they knew might be interested.

Dang I'm wordy... The question is ultimately, for those of you that have multiple reservations, if you make a commitment, will you commit to all of your reservations or only a portion of them?

AndyT3

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
You had the option to lock in with only a $100 all in reservation? I tried this and I got an error message saying I didn't have a non refundable deposit.

Maybe I'll have to give it another shot.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Locked-in!

Honestly, we need to make sure to keep on top of the people who are thinking of bailing because of this - even at 7300, this is going to be great for everyone who believes in it. If people balk, it's going to be the Coolest Cooler all over again - the detractors are the loudest and contribute to the obstacle.

Here's hoping kindness and a bit of good-natured lobbying of the Non-refundable-ers keeps this on track - We all want our Elios, and bailing just keeps them further away.!
Welcome.

Top Bottom