• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

62 Year Old Autocycle

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A Win Win then, very cool .

LOADED UP AND GONE . I AM GLAD IT IS GONE & SAD AT THE SAME TIME .
HERE IS IS WITH SOME SPARE PARTS IN BOXES .

NO TIME TO REST . ALREADY GETTING DOWN PARTS FOR THE NEXT ONE .
A 1957 KR-200 DELUXE .

DSC_0357.JPG

DSC_0358.JPG

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice project for the winter; are you going to do a full restore on this one? Or just starter restore like the last one?

MY IMMEDIATE GOAL IS TO REASSEMBLE THE CAR .
IT WILL BE PROCESSED FOR A TITLE AND PUT ON THE SHELF WHERE THE KR-175 USED TO BE .

I AM PLAYING BEAT THE CLOCK . THE TG-500 IS STILL AT THE PAINT SHOP AND I AM HOPING
I CAN PULL THIS OFF BEFORE THAT ONE COMES HOME .

THE LONG GAME FOR THE '57 CAR IS TO DO A GROUND UP FULL RESTORATION .
I MAY BE KEEPING THIS ONE AND SELLING THE WHITE '63 CABRIO WHEN IT IS FINISHED .

FOR THE TIME BEING , THE '63 IS QUITE ENJOYABLE TO DRIVE AND IT ACTUALLY HAS THE MOTOR
FROM THE '57 CAR IN IT FOR THE TIME BEING . I WILL BE DOING TWO REBUILDS AT SOME POINT .

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice project for the winter; are you going to do a full restore on this one? Or just starter restore like the last one?

MY IMMEDIATE GOAL IS TO REASSEMBLE THE CAR .
IT WILL BE PROCESSED FOR A TITLE AND PUT ON THE SHELF WHERE THE KR-175 USED TO BE .

I AM PLAYING BEAT THE CLOCK . THE TG-500 IS STILL AT THE PAINT SHOP AND I AM HOPING
I CAN PULL THIS OFF BEFORE THAT ONE COMES HOME .

THE LONG GAME FOR THE '57 CAR IS TO DO A GROUND UP FULL RESTORATION .
I MAY BE KEEPING THIS ONE AND SELLING THE WHITE '63 CABRIO WHEN IT IS FINISHED .

FOR THE TIME BEING , THE '63 IS QUITE ENJOYABLE TO DRIVE AND IT ACTUALLY HAS THE MOTOR
FROM THE '57 CAR IN IT FOR THE TIME BEING . I WILL BE DOING TWO REBUILDS AT SOME POINT .
I thought you were going to finish the Goliath <your truck> first? What happened to it?

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought you were going to finish the Goliath <your truck> first? What happened to it?

THE GOLIATH IS STILL HERE & I WILL FINISH IT .
I ONLY LIKE TO WORK ON ONE AT A TIME BUT THAT IS OFTEN TIMES DIFFICULT .

I don't recall the Goliath. Is that a pet name for it, or is that a model or brand name?

I've got little alarm bells going off in my head. Is that the truck that will go through anything, but let a stone hit it in the windshield and it's game over?

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
GOLIATH (GO-LEE-AT) WAS THE COMPANY .
THEY WERE BASED IN BREMEN GERMANY .

GOLI ( GO-LEE) IS THE MODEL NAME .
THEY WERE QUITE WELL KNOWN FOR THEIR DREIRAD 3 WHEEL TRUCKS
PRODUCED FROM 1928-1961 .

I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO VERIFY , JUST TWO GOLIs IN THE UNITED STATES .
MY 1959 MODEL SEEN HERE AND A WHITE 1956 ONE IN CALIFORNIA IN RATHER POOR CONDITION .
IT HAS A 500cc TWO STROKE ENGINE & THE GAME IS OVER WHEN YOU REACH A STEEP HILL .

DSC_0485.JPG

DSC_0480.JPG

Top Bottom