• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2024 Chevy Blazer RS

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
if that happens, I guess pretty much the same thing as 99.9% of the country's population
We're putting the cash together to put in our own underground tanks, people that chip in get gas, the others have to wait and pay a "yet to be disclosed" price for gas, I tell you one thing, it's not going to be cheap <Grin>

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
we are taking Maureen's Blazer back to the dealership where a local independent contractor will pick it up and take it to be ceramic coated .... this will be a first for us ..... our vehicles sit outside 24/7 ..... modern paint seems to be able to withstand the weathering over time better than it did years ago .... red paint has been prone to fading over time and we would like to keep it looking new for as long as possible with minimal effort .... should be an interesting experiment

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What are you going to do when there is a shortage of gas stations?
Ride my bike!! I run the majority of my local errands with my bicycle... (not an e-bike)
Bike_1.JPG
When I have to do my large grocery runs, I attached this bicycle cargo trailer (up-cycled from discarded kid trailer)
Cargo_Trailer.JPG

I know this may sound dumb, but riding my bicycle makes me smile. Reminds me of being a "paper boy" (delivering the News American). And I do need the exercise, as well.

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But the question is, how many KW is used overnight to get to 80% charge? I have never gotten any answers from anyone on this. My ICE would sound great if I put only 1 gallon in the car every night. That would get me to work and back. So 3$ a day or ??

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
we took a brief (make that very brief) look at the new electric Blazer .... the bottom line for us is the limitations of its power plant; as well as, the infrastructure to support it just ain't there .... this will become our emergency trip to South Dakota vehicle that will be maintained so as to be ready to crank and head west on a 4,000 mile round trip from our home to South Dakota .... over time we've had to make several trips that were all related to a death or serious illness of someone in the family .... sadly the family as a whole is getting older and there is a steadily growing probability we will need to make more and more of them as time goes on

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
per Car and Driver Magazine

"Ceramic coatings offer a better level of protection against environmental hazards and damage from the sun's UV rays than traditional wax. They also offer resistance to chemical stains and a certain degree of scratch resistance, giving the car a high-gloss finish and making it easier to clean.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I want to see what the used EV market is like in 5 years, will it be real to trade and EV in? And once you have a bunch of used EV on the lot, is it going to be like used cars? Or piles of scrap? In other words is the used EV market going to hold any worth? Just curious?

Like is the first owner going to pay BIG BUCKS drive it and then not get squat for trade-in.

You know the used car market is a very lean profit and loss market.

Top Bottom