• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2024 Chevy Blazer RS

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
per Hannibal of the A-Team, "I love it when a plan comes together." .... today we learned that Maureen's new Blazer is on a transport train and is scheduled to be delivered to our dealership next week between Sept 6th and 9th .... once it arrives it should take them three or four days to test drive it, have it ceramic coated and and get it ready for delivery .... one interesting thing I learned today is, there is no engine break-in period .... rather, simply drive it as normal from the first time I crank it .... that said, I still think I'll take it easy with it for a while

Reactions: Hog

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
we started keeping a detailed log in all of our vehicles way back when you could deduct gasoline taxes .... over time, filling it out has become second nature .... it really helps in keeping track of regular maintenance and other items such has tire rotation .... today I hope to make the book for Maureen's new Blazer

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Very true, when I got my Dodge (Back in 2017) I didn't have a break-in period, the book just said "don't hot rod it" in other words drive it like a normal human or in my case take it easy on it. And I have, well, for the most part.

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Been looking for a compact car for the past 2-3 months now. Nothing on the lots within driving distance. I found one toyota about 50 miles away but they would only give me 24 hours to buy it or I would lose the 500$ they wanted to "hold it". They said all the compacts are presold before they arrive (this one hadnt arrived there yet either.) Another dealer claims to have one on the lot but he is 90 miles away. Same deal, pay to hold it 24 hours. My bank had preapproved me for the loan and I just got off the phone with them, they said it was "unlikely" that they could complete the sale with teh dealer in teh 24 hours given. They also said they couldnt refund me the 500$ since the loan would be preprocessed, so they cannot "reduce" the loan amount by the 500$, and the dealer will not give me cash as a refund, they want to take it off the price of the car, which goes back to the bank again for changing the loan amount. This is quite insane. I remember walking into our local bank and asking the loan officer for a loan because I was going to buy a car, he transferred say 8000$ into my account, told me to go shopping and bring back anything left over. I went and bought a 1934 Plymouth street rod for 6000$ and gave him back the rest. Loan became 6000$. It used to be that simple.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
we were out and about a little while ago and stopped by our dealership .... its been sitting in Winston-Salem which is about 100 miles west of us for 3 days .... their computer says it should get to the dealership tomorrow ..... the guys who work there said that is possible but more realistically be there over the weekend or on Monday .... we spent a good while discussing optional tire/wheel, windshield protection plans, extended warranties, service plans and such .... we find that some were worth the expense to us and some weren't .... my biggest fear in purchasing today's vehicle is the cost of computer and other electronic system issues .... with the information we received today, we are now ready finalize the purchase whenever its ready

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
as noted above, we have a 10AM appointment to do the paperwork and hopefully drive home Maureen's new Blazer .... it appears that a our tradition of having bad weather on the day we get a new car will continue .... in 2005 it rained when we got the Trailblazer we still have .... in 2011 they had to clear snow off of the the Silverado which we still have ..... in 2016 rain on the day we got Maureen's Camaro that we totaled earlier this year .... our area is in a dry spell and today they are calling for rain, wind, thunderstorms, etc .... as this is being typed, we can hear thunder in the distance

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
its rained and stormed most all day but she's home .... when we signed the papers she had 6 miles on the odometer, we put those on it during a test drive .... she goes back to the dealership for the ceramic coating which should take 2 days .... new cars aren't all that common in our family so when somebody has one, most of the family comes by to see it .... so far its been well received .... I sat through the demo but have already figured out, I need a refresher class

Attachments

• 230909 001 Picked up at Heister 001.jpg
    230909 001 Picked up at Heister 001.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 230909 002 Picked up at Heister 001.jpg
    230909 002 Picked up at Heister 001.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 230909 002 Picked up at Heister 002.jpg
    230909 002 Picked up at Heister 002.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 47
Top Bottom