• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Production A Long Shot...

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And no one mentioned the airbags; I know bikes like the Gold Wings have frontal airbags, but those don't do much for a side hit; same goes from being hit from behind. Elio has "crumple" zones, bikes have a back tire. To say a bike is just as safe is flat out wrong.
There is this thing called Physics that comes into play when riding a bike vs. driving an Elio
You know that Physics doesn't have anything to do with naysayers :D

Have you guys had an opportunity to see the Elio in person? It isn't as small as it seems in pictures.

Unless you're looking from directly in front/behind, it appears about the same size as any relatively modern 4-wheel coupe.
I was going to post some of those pics, but Coss beat me to it :p

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have you guys had an opportunity to see the Elio in person? It isn't as small as it seems in pictures.

Unless you're looking from directly in front/behind, it appears about the same size as any relatively modern 4-wheel coupe.
I've sat in both the P4 and the P5, both front and back.............I'm 6'4", big-boned and fluffy :p, 43" inseam and I had not problems in either one...........looking forward to planting my @$$ in an E series and then MINE :D

John-b-gone

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
2017 would depend on a major cash influx this quarter. 2018 is a more reasonable hope .... dammit!

The camera angle did Paul no favors. EM just plain NEVER get video right. Why" They don't have pros do it using pro equipment.

Because of that Paul looks needlessly harried and uncomfortable.

Pity ... because his answers generally made sense.

Double pity, because so much of this bad to poor PR is out there, being served up by the heedless. Social media have have their drawbacks.

Last edited:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
2017 would depend on a major cash influx this quarter. 2018 is a more reasonable hope .... dammit!

The camera angle did Paul no favors. EM just plain NEVER get video right. Why" They don't have pros do it using pro equipment.

Because of that Paul looks needlessly harried and uncomfortable.

Pity ... because his answers generally made sense.

Double pity, because so much of this bad to poor PR is out there, being served up by the heedless. Social media have have their drawbacks.

He came across well. Steady on.
as they say ....

john_jack_h

Reaction score
Here's the video of that 3pm interview, same tee shirts more current questions, PE holds his own!! http://www.ktbs.com/story/34448215/...o-speaks-exclusively-with-ktbs-3s-shon-gables

Quote from http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/25/elio-motors-delay-cash/
The company confirmed in a Facebook post earlier this week that it is "targeting consumer production to start in 2018." Elio, which originally planned to have its trikes on the road way back in 2015, is planning to produce its trikes out of a Louisiana plant that was formerly operated by General Motors. It first unveiled its engineering vehicle at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November. That prototype, which resurfaced in Detroit this month, featured upgraded interior and safety systems, and suggested that the startup had the ability to produce a road-worthy vehicle that has attracted more than 60,000 reservations.

Elio claims its trike will be able to achieve 84 miles per gallon and will have a price tag of as little as $7,300. Whether that proves out or not, it seems that Elio appears to be running out of cash. As of Sept. 30th, the company had $101,317 in cash, down from $6.87 million at the beginning of last year. And while it has collected $24.8 million in non-refundable customer deposits, the company also had $30.7 million in current liabilities, up from $20.2 million at the beginning of the year. Through Sept. 30th, the company's net loss widened to $34.8 million from $13.9 million a year earlier, according to the filing.
Unquote.... explains stock price trend and lack of news on production / delivery dates !

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Quote from http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/25/elio-motors-delay-cash/
The company confirmed in a Facebook post earlier this week that it is "targeting consumer production to start in 2018." Elio, which originally planned to have its trikes on the road way back in 2015, is planning to produce its trikes out of a Louisiana plant that was formerly operated by General Motors. It first unveiled its engineering vehicle at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November. That prototype, which resurfaced in Detroit this month, featured upgraded interior and safety systems, and suggested that the startup had the ability to produce a road-worthy vehicle that has attracted more than 60,000 reservations.

Elio claims its trike will be able to achieve 84 miles per gallon and will have a price tag of as little as $7,300. Whether that proves out or not, it seems that Elio appears to be running out of cash. As of Sept. 30th, the company had $101,317 in cash, down from $6.87 million at the beginning of last year. And while it has collected $24.8 million in non-refundable customer deposits, the company also had $30.7 million in current liabilities, up from $20.2 million at the beginning of the year. Through Sept. 30th, the company's net loss widened to $34.8 million from $13.9 million a year earlier, according to the filing.
Unquote.... explains stock price trend and lack of news on production / delivery dates !
And after all that - what's your point?
This article has already been posted in a few different threads, and discussed; especially how an SEC statement doesn't read like a bank statement that you may be used to seeing. You posted this all, rather than just the links to it, but you haven't stated anything about it; including your point of view , or what points you are trying to bring out about it.

So what is your point for posting this?

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL... Of course you are kidding. Even riding and driving safe doesn't make everyone else do the same. Getting bumped from the side even at 5 mph by a car can break a motorcyclist's leg or arm. Getting hit in a car at 5mph isn't going to do much more than just piss you off. If a sane person had to choose getting hit while riding or hit while driving, they'll pick driving any day of the week and THAT is a REALLY GOOD indication that being in a car (including an Elio) is safer than a motorcycle!
Not even with the self balancing bike that Honda has been working on! :D

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because the Elio is small, my wife said that someone will run over me,when I get my Elio. Having said that, has anyone thought about having a flag on their Elio? ( besides my wife),
You listen to your wife to much! :D You make her listen to you bud! :D

Top Bottom