• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2014 Top 10 Stolen Vehicles

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
this link is to an article listing the Top 10 stolen vehicles in 2014 .... it comes as no surprise to me that trucks made by the big 3 are on the list

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My first car I borrowed was a new tipple black 66 Corvette from a dealership in Connecticut :D I had a choice and a pickup truck never crossed my mind .

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Biggest reason cars are stolen ------- Parts
Parts for cars (especially for body work) are expensive; so the best way to keep down overhead is to cut down on the price of parts.
Yes, they've put the VIN tag on every part of the car, how many times does anyone check those after having major body work done?
The car thieves take the cars, sell them to chop shops, chop shops disassemble the car, dispose of the ones they don't need (like cutting it up and selling for scrap) then the parts get sent to where every they're needed. Very lucrative business.

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just think of how easy it is nowadays to dismantle a vehicle. Even easier with a team of properly equipped criminals.

Dewalt and company didn't have car thieves in mind coming up with bigger and better cordless lower tools...

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Biggest reason cars are stolen ------- Parts
Parts for cars (especially for body work) are expensive; so the best way to keep down overhead is to cut down on the price of parts.
Yes, they've put the VIN tag on every part of the car, how many times does anyone check those after having major body work done?
The car thieves take the cars, sell them to chop shops, chop shops disassemble the car, dispose of the ones they don't need (like cutting it up and selling for scrap) then the parts get sent to where every they're needed. Very lucrative business.
airbags are expensive and care must be taken when removing them

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
South Florida (Miami) if the car isn't located quickly, they frequently wind up in shipping container headed for South America.
Speaking of headed out sold my V Rod on Craings and this guy shows up with an M C closed trailer-comes in, with no negosting peels off the wad, I sign over the reg and off he goes- not even fired it up- he and a friend in Spain export USED H D's, and so he said triples his $

Top Bottom