• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2004 Dodge Caravan

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know there are several members here who have Caravans like mine--maybe they have an answer to my question.

I have searched and have not been able to find the answer to this question:

Where is the fuse for the interior, upper console lights?

Normally, when I open the door the lights come on. A few days ago they stopped working and will not come on even when I press the plastic. No other problems and no reason other than a blown fuse that I can think off.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know there are several members here who have Caravans like mine--maybe they have an answer to my question.

I have searched and have not been able to find the answer to this question:

Where is the fuse for the interior, upper console lights?

Normally, when I open the door the lights come on. A few days ago they stopped working and will not come on even when I press the plastic. No other problems and no reason other than a blown fuse that I can think off.
I assume you've checked the fuses in the fuse box.

If that is the case, pull the interior dome light fuse and leave it out overnight. It'll force the computer to reset and the light will come on. Apparently, there is an issue where the computer provides less and less power to the lights till they just won't come on.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The other RingwOod try is turning up the brightness using the switch next to the headlight knob. I know it's obvious but sometimes, we all Brainfart.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Chrysler/Dodge has this habit of using multiple fuse boxes, and hiding them really well.
One should be up under the dash by the brake release (you have to lay on your back and look up and under the dash)
Another can be on the outside edge of the dash (either L or R side), you have to open your door to see it.
Another place is under the hood. One other possibility is inside or behind the glove compartment (this one is always fun) you have to empty the glove box, and release the stopper so it can swing down for you to see behind it.

As Ty recommended, check your interior dome light switch on the brightness control for the dash lights.
One other thing Ty was close on, is when you do find it, don't pull it out; you actually want to disconnect the battery for at least 30 minutes, this resets all systems (yes, including the radio station pre-sets).

My Magnum had the fuse for the cigarette lighter at the back of the car, down next to the spare tire; in the Nitro, it's all under the hood, and they aren't marked as you would expect; it's best to use a circuit tester to figure out which fuse is blown.

Top Bottom