• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1500 Members

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Before the day is out we should reach the new millstone of 1500 members. Thank you to all of you who have joined the Elio movement. I've had a great time and am looking forward to an estimated 16 months to the first production vehicles rolling of the factory floor. Go Elio !
1500 was met with Dragon! Go Elio! Go eioowners.com! :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Before the day is out we should reach the new millstone of 1500 members. Thank you to all of you who have joined the Elio movement. I've had a great time and am looking forward to an estimated 16 months to the first production vehicles rolling of the factory floor. Go Elio !
It looks like we have now hit 1600. It happened while I was at the pool. Way to go elioowners.com! :-) Z

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Hello Buckeye, are you saying that they have INDEED moved the production start up date BACK 4 months now, from Sept. 2015, until Dec. 2015?

If so, how quickly they continue to push this thing back. Dec. 2015. . . . . . . . Why not call it what it is then, Production now in 1st quarter of 2016. WOW!

fpelsdca

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Music,

I have no concrete idea of the projected first production date. Just throwing out numbers for the last quarter of 2015. I have no problem with a change in the production date if that's what happens. I put a greater emphasis on quality than time.
If production starts on 3rd Quarter 2015, then it starts between July and Sept. If I remember correctly the first vehicle off the line will be 1 to 2 months after start of production with production being 250 vehicles per day soon after that. Anyone with a better memory want to correct me???

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
If production starts on 3rd Quarter 2015, then it starts between July and Sept. If I remember correctly the first vehicle off the line will be 1 to 2 months after start of production with production being 250 vehicles per day soon after that. Anyone with a better memory want to correct me???

Would be good to get comments from folks that have worked previously or work now in assembly lines and factories. It's a good point: if production starts for example on Sept 15 2015, who knows when the first vehicles are "ready", meaning they could possibly be headed for a marshalling center, or they could remain in the plant to get the final options installed if a marshalling center isn't ready at that time.

So yes, it might be 2-4 weeks after production starts, that the first vehicles are "ready", whatever that means, then another 2 weeks before reservation numbers 1-20 are notified that their vehicle is ready. Seems reasonable. Will look for others with more knowledge than me to give their thoughts.

Top Bottom