• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

12/10/14 Tour Blog - Charlotte, N C

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Preview Tour Blog
View this email in your browser
270f4658-cb3e-4acf-8cb9-95fe7889a6e5.jpg
Hello Elio’ers! We spent this weekend in Charlotte, NC at the Southpark Mall. This was our first time in the area and we definitely caused a commotion. A constant stream of Elio fans kept the tour team busy the entire weekend. See for yourself in this short video.

04eb8d16-7a1d-4321-848d-9cae0ede73fd.jpg

The Elio display at the Southpark Mall

We consider ourselves incredibly fortunate to have such supportive futureliowners. William, who spent both Friday and Saturday at the event, wrote a great letter about the tour team. It went a little something like this...

"I attended the viewing of the Elio in Charlotte this last weekend. I was there Friday afternoon till the mall shut down at 9:30 that night. I also returned with several people on Saturday. You had an amazing group of team workers with the Elio... I saw that all of peoples questions were answered with a very professional attitude and answer... Keep up the great work... I am also glad to see the addition of the "autocycle" added in New Mexico. I am looking for this to happen in North Carolina..."

William is referring to helmet legislation being worked on in the states that still require a helmet.

Here's a map of where the Elio stands with helmet laws in the United States.

b124c4cc-12f5-468f-8f2d-4b657daf5f23.png

This was a hot topic at our tour stop since North Carolina is one of the five "red" states that remain, so we figured we'd provide an update on our progress. Legislation is being drafted to remove the helmets and motorcycle endorsement in North Carolina. It would also put “Autocycle” in definition, like New Mexico. Rep. John Torbett is the sponsor. Our VP of Governmental Affairs, Joel Sheltrown, has reviewed and approved the draft. The session starts January 28, 2015 so we won’t see much on this issue until then, when the bill is introduced. If you feel so inclined, a note would be helpful and appropriate to send to Rep. Torbett thanking him for working on this issue and demonstrating your support. He can be reached at johntorbett@ncleg.net. We will continue to update you on our progress in the 'Media' section of our website.
Next up –

P4

December 12-14
Raleigh, NC
Stay tuned for details

Check back often on our website to see our schedule and any updates including changes: Elio Tour Schedule

For real time updates on all things Elio, follow our social media pages: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the video reflects the line that we saw during the hours we were there .... in fact, much of the time the line was considerably longer .... seeing "Our VP of Governmental Affairs, Joel Sheltrown, has reviewed and approved the draft." in the release above is really good to hear .... in email exchanges with Representative Torbett and Joel Sheltrown I knew they were working on the legislation .... when the time comes I'm sure that a good number of folks in NC will be happy to help as needed

Jim

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
the video reflects the line that we saw during the hours we were there .... in fact, much of the time the line was considerably longer .... seeing "Our VP of Governmental Affairs, Joel Sheltrown, has reviewed and approved the draft." in the release above is really good to hear .... in email exchanges with Representative Torbett and Joel Sheltrown I knew they were working on the legislation .... when the time comes I'm sure that a good number of folks in NC will be happy to help as needed

Jim

I am glad to see some good movement, especially in those 'red' helmet states, as it is really encouraging to see these legal barriers removed from Elio Motors' path. I believe EM will have a lot of success resolving the helmet and motorcycle endorsement issues throughout the country next year. Any state issues left over after next year should be even easier to resolve in 2016 as should be much fewer states to deal with and as there should be vehicles rolling off the assembly line and into the hands of owners who really don't want to deal with these issue there should also be some urgency from lawmakers to resolve any remaining issues.

Last edited:

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, you know, global warming and all.o_O
Are you interested in beach front property in Arizona??;)
We may even end up with an ocean view here in Colorado!!:rolleyes:
It must be true, Al Gore said it on the internet!! :cool:(You know, the one he invented..):p

Top Bottom