• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

$1000. Is A Lot Of Money To Me.

felkers

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Ok here is my strategy - I'm all in for non-refundable $100 right now. This summer about July 2014, if things are still looking good, I'm going to upgrade to all in for $1000 to get the $500 off. I'll be watching Elio Motors progress to see where they are business-wise in July. I holpe they make it!!!
I want true blue or black, all the options they will have except I want stick shift not automatic.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since I received my T- shirt yesterday , my spirits have been somewhat lifted> Only thing that concerns me is I hope this will not become the most expensive T- shirt I ever bought!!

jrm_cr_fl

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok here is my strategy - I'm all in for non-refundable $100 right now. This summer about July 2014, if things are still looking good, I'm going to upgrade to all in for $1000 to get the $500 off. I'll be watching Elio Motors progress to see where they are business-wise in July. I holpe they make it!!!
I want true blue or black, all the options they will have except I want stick shift not automatic.

That was exactly my strategy until I sat in the Elio. I too was going to wait until they at least got the old Hummer plant and a few more investors. But after see it, touching it, and sitting in one, I was a goner. Most of my questions were answered at the showing I attended, and now that P4 is making the rounds, glad I made the leap of faith. I LOVE the new look, even the wheel covers don't bother me much anymore and they are going to offer options for those, according to the latest update I read. Go Elio. As Tom Petty put it, "Waiting, is the hardest part."

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm also waiting until I can see one in person, get in it, and test drive before upgrading my deposit. Waiting is not a big deal, I have a few projects draining $$ right now. 500hp Ford 460 build for the jetboat is the priority project right now.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top priority should be a complete ELIO fitted out with the IAV engine and drive train and so far that's only wishful thinking!! RB

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When the IAV engine and drive train is installed into the prototype and some "as built" numbers on MPG , etc are available, then I will upgrade to the $1000 all in level. Then we will have seen (maybe not driven) a complete ELIO and have a better handle on what we are buying!

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am in for $1000 and not to worried about loosing it, look it like the lottery, when you buy a ticket the last thing you are worried about is loosing your dollar. When you pay your deposit on the Elio there is a much better chance that you are going to win.
There's gotta be more people that think like us out there....some are still waiting for the right moment to pull the trigger.

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's gotta be more people that think like us out there....some are still waiting for the right moment to pull the trigger.
Sadly, available cash is an issue that prevents some folks from getting in at any level. I expect there to be a significant number of reservations at all levels as income tax refunds come in.

Top Bottom