• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10 Worst Cars Of All Time.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ross, I like the Gremlin. Thought it was cut. The again I also liked the Pinto and the Vega. I guess I am a fan of cheep transportation.
I remember looking for my first car - around 1978 - and the only ones in my price category (dirt cheap) were used Vega's and Pintos. Almost decided on a vega 'cause I liked the style much better than a Pinto - didn't know squat about why so many people were looking to dump them. Luckily my grandfather knew better and I ended up with a used Ford Maverick - cheap vehicle similar to the Pinto, but slightly better. The inline 4-cylinder motor was a good one - coupled with a 3-on-the-tree and it got me through my teen years. Considering the way I drove that thing, that says a lot.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ross, I like the Gremlin. Thought it was cut. The again I also liked the Pinto and the Vega. I guess I am a fan of cheep transportation.
Bought a new Gremlin in the early 70's. It might have been an ugly car but it was a good one. Hauled a 12' aluminum boat on top and a 15hp motor in the back. Got me to plenty of great fishing places.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wait a minute, I didn't get to finish my thought, I love Top Gear but I find Clarkson a total git when it comes to evaluating a cars inherent qualities. Just a few on the 10 worst list deserve to be on there. Clarkson's idea of a bad car is if it isn't European made and doesn't cost at least 75 thousand pounds or more. The Japanese gets very little love nor, to be honest, do many Brit cars but America is but an automotive backwater and deserving of little praise. I could go on but it really isn't a 10 Worst Car List, it's a 10 Cars That Jeremy Clarkson Doesn't Like List.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think I have a personal list of the 10 worst cars but I do grudgingly agree with Clarkson that the Pinto should be on there. Along with any Russian vehicle from the last few decades of the communist regime. No real specifics though. Anyone else have a car that should REALLY be on the list, not just because you dislike it.

Top Bottom