• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10 Defense Technologies That Feel Like Science Fiction

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They are wild and almost beyond imagination! Still it's amazing how much technology we use today comes from either military or NASA applications. And once I noticed the info came from Jamie and Adam, I was hooked, I had to read it!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the interesting link. I need the Drone Blaster now! I live on the 10th floor of a 20 story highrise and a few weeks ago my eye caught a quick flash outside the window. I thought a bird flying by, then again slower this time, it was a drone scouting the area and hovered outside my window for about 5 minutes........very creepy feeling. They could be hovering outside your window at night and you wouldn't even see them with their telephoto cameras. Creepy indeed.

Drones should be banned from public use. I predict they will be worse than cell phones and the internet in terms of creating privacy, safety, and security issues for the general public. Some companies are discussing the potential of delivery drones. Can you imagine Dominos or Pizza Hut Delivery Drones hovering at your front door. There will be thousands of Pizza drones swarming the sky like a wave of insects. You swipe your credit card and it flies away. Do you tip a Drone? Scary is what else drones can deliver. I like the drone blaster!

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Technology has advanced greatly over the past 20 years which makes me wonder what will happen in the next 10 ..Us with a little age on us will never be able to keep up ..

Reactions: HHH

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a drone blaster. Built by Remington. 1.5oz of 4 shot aughta do it. If not, there's 3 more in the tube.
I just saw an offer for 250 double-aught 12ga. shells for $79.99 somewhere on the net.
If I catch it again, I'll get back to ya.

Yeah, I'm not real fond of google maps having a 360 degree view of my house and property online either.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Spent some time in the Army . Saw a lot of very interesting weapons and systems to support them. Early on I was amazed at how long some of the stuff had been around and many never knew it.
The level of technology even at the 11B infantry level has taken a very sharp learning curve of the years.
If a google drone is flying around my place it may not make it home

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Spent some time in the Army . Saw a lot of very interesting weapons and systems to support them. Early on I was amazed at how long some of the stuff had been around and many never knew it.
The level of technology even at the 11B infantry level has taken a very sharp learning curve of the years.
If a google drone is flying around my place it may not make it home
Smitty,
Look up your address on Google maps and click on "Street View".
Chances are they already have your place on display in 360 degree HD.
It just makes it so much easier for thugs to case a place from the comfort of home.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Smitty,
Look up your address on Google maps and click on "Street View".
Chances are that they already have your place on display in 360 degree HD.
Checked not there, we do not live in a city or near one google is not much interested in us. While I have been retired for a while ,did have some training in dealing with early drones. Think I could retire one for them.

Top Bottom