• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/15/2014 - Ksla - Elio Motors Announces Delay, Production Expected To Start In 2016

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL. That's a good one. Why would we expect NASA (or Elio) to be able to control outside forces or weather?
No, I think they KNOW that a fuel valve will stick, or it will explode, and they just aren't telling us! I am not buying that a bunch of engineers don't know when this stuff will happen, they just want more money to build another rocket so they can milk us custome.. er a, tax payers.

EastCoastCentralFla

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
What letter is this you folks speak of and what's it say?
My letter was a really pretty email from The Elio Team. Just basically confirming the undercurrent of what we all have been hearing about the push back for production from the last quarter of this year to sometime in the first half of next year. Quarter non-specific. Lots of working parts to put in place before I get my beautiful machine with all its working parts placed in my driveway.

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having planned for this contingency (weird, I know :rolleyes:), I'll just continue driving my 60 MPG Honda Insight that I bought specifically for the purpose. It cost $3k and has paid for itself already. :D

If the Elio never shows up, I'm still all-set. I read the agreement, researched the project and the man, understood the risks, planned ahead, and have no need to whinge an whine and cry and scream and bitch and moan. :cool:

PJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Kind of a relief to me in a way.:) It gives me another 6+ months to get my new-and-improved Mega-garage [a.k.a. - Taj Ma Garage] built. Can't have her sitting out in the Midwest elements, and had no available space to put her right now.

I can see some people are VERY upset, so I'll keep my "no big deal" comments to myself.
Don't you mean Taj Ma Hanger?

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having planned for this contingency (weird, I know :rolleyes:), I'll just continue driving my 60 MPG Honda Insight that I bought specifically for the purpose. It cost $3k and has paid for itself already. :D

If the Elio never shows up, I'm still all-set. I read the agreement, researched the project and the man, understood the risks, planned ahead, and have no need to whinge an whine and cry and scream and bitch and moan. :cool:
Ditto, except replace 40 mpg Fiat for Honda.

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Re-post from Elio Letter:
I don't want to get too philosophical and yet I would like to say something. This is based on the explosion of negative comments about Elio, above what has already been said prior to the push-back date. I have no other investment than the $1000 and so there is no other motivation in what I say.

I feel it is a little strange how negativism can change one's perspective and influence others to join in the misery. It creates contention without regard to facts or truth. It makes perceptions seem factual, and then followed by rationalizing of thoughts/actions. It is like a cancer and spreads faster than good news. Why? I don't know. To be blind is to be ignorant and also negative. This is because negativism blinds you to only see what supports the negative perspective and justifies the insults and attacks upon someone or something that is believed to have offended. Fault finding creates disappointment and frustration that feeds on its self and destroys. Some say they're providing information. Is the information provided to help and educate or to tear down? Negativism is a master of disguise and is tumultuous.

I can understand disappointment and frustration. I have had plenty in my life to the point of utter anguish. But I refuse to destroy the remainder of my existence focusing on the bad and allow it to steal my future. I find it hard to walk forward when looking backwards. We can learn from the past but we must look forward to move on. I can admit that I have had my share of negative thoughts in life but I try to push them out and it isn't easy. The negative thoughts do not go without kicking and screaming! It is easier to not let them in!

I joined the All-In with the hopes of obtaining an Elio. This dream has been pushed off but isn't gone. I have a family member that has stated they "bought in" based on my enthusiasm, and now saying it is my fault that they joined this. Saying that it will never happen. When I have shown them many positive sides they focus on the several production schedule push-back negatives only. They have called me a "spinner" when doing so. If I am a spinner for seeing the many positives compared to the few negatives... then I must be.

I do not think Paul Elio is trying to make anything bad look as if it were good. This is the definition of a spinner. I admire and appreciate the letter.

I have decided to provide several quotes from a person that has had failures and successes. So pick a quote that may help press forward thru struggles you are dealing with in life. If you have an uplifting quote add it to the chain. Thanks for reading.

3091287.jpg

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
Thomas A. Edison

“Negative results are just what I want. They’re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don’t.”
Thomas A. Edison

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
Thomas A. Edison

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
Thomas A. Edison

“Five percent of the people think;
ten percent of the people think they think;
and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.”
Thomas A. Edison

“We often miss opportunity because it's dressed in overalls and looks like work”
Thomas A. Edison

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”
Thomas A. Edison

“The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.”
Thomas A. Edison

“If we all did the things we are really capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.”
Thomas A. Edison

“When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this - you haven't.”
Thomas A. Edison

“Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless.”
Thomas A. Edison

“I find out what the world needs. Then I go ahead and try to invent it”
Thomas A. Edison

“There are no rules here -- we're trying to accomplish something.”
Thomas A. Edison

Top Bottom