• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Are Elio Owners In Interested In Elio?

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
IIRR, 15K yearly is deemed "normal" for Insurance companies, KellyBlueBook, and dealers......when computing trade in value.

I've averaged 25K yearly in my G1 for the past 14 years. It was a lot more the first 10 years of ownership/retirement.
Now old age (mine) is taking over.

Willie

I hear ya W. Willie. For me personally, I won't consider buying a used car that has 15k per year on it.

immihelp.com says it's 12k a year. fhwa.dot.gov says it's about 13.5k. EPA says 15k. Usatoday.com says driving miles peaked in 2005 and decreased each year until 2013.

I'll revamp my answer. :) 15k a year isn't high, maybe just slightly above avg.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I HAVE LONG HELD THAT THE CONCEPT OF THE FREEWAY IN A MODERN PACKAGE COULD BE A REAL WINNER .

THE FREEWAY HAD A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH IT's DESIGN ENGINEERING AND BUILD QUALITY
BUT IF IT IS DONE RIGHT , THE CONCEPT OF A HIGH MILEAGE 3 WHEEL COMMUTER CAR IS A GREAT ONE . .

FROM WHAT I CAN SEE , ELIO IS DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT THAT HMV GOT WRONG
IF THEY KEEP THE COST EVEN CLOSE TO THE PROJECTIONS , THE ELIO WILL REVOLUTIONIZE
TRANSPORTATION FOR MILLIONS OF PEOPLE .

I HAVE A PLACE IN LINE AND AM GREATLY LOOKING FORWARD TO USING ONE FOR MY DAILY COMMUTE .

DSC_0051.JPG

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I retired at 55 years old, at a cost of getting a low retirement plan... I had worked 30 years... so I did do the time... I just wanted to do something different...

My point is, I am on fixed low income.. I have the time to travel, but not the cash... My Elio #2225Z will be the gateway to the US... with my Elio, even with my low income I will be able to travel across the nation... ( going to Elio Club meeting )...

Something that I would never be able to do with what I drive now... unless I got another job just for the fuel costs... ( not going to happen )... unless Elio Motors is hiring old people?....

What costs me over $550 for fuel in the past for my travels, will only cost $125... that is a huge saving... so I can travel even more often with a Elio..

The 84 mpg and the low cost of an Elio, plus I would guess low cost Autocycle insurance, also that it is made in the US just tops the cake...

This makes the Elio package a Great deal for me... Plus I hated getting cold, wet and getting bugs in my face from riding motorcycles...

The Elio Nation is coming... are you on board?

Proud to Be... an Elio owner #2225Z see ya on the road...

Last edited:

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
^^ I think the foregoing is a pretty good profile of the Elio market. Low cost affordability . . . a new car with a full warranty, terrific economy, practicality, all wrapped up in a bit of fun. As proposed and developed thus far, it will offer a reasonably comfortable, all-weather commuting environment for the daily slog, the ability to haul a cart-full of groceries on the way home, even take my wife and I on date nights or day trips within a couple hundred miles at a cost that won't shatter our retirement savings.

Will I go to Home Depot and load up with 4X8 sheets of plywood and a half-dozen sacks of cement? No, that's what the ancient pickup is for. If we need more passenger or grocery capacity, we have the old beatervan. By keeping the mileage low on those two vehicles by using the Elio, we will probably just keep them until they dissolve in a pile of rust. Now my wife informs me she'd like her OWN Elio, once she's had an opportunity to drive mine. A blue one, please, with AT . . . if they don't have purple. ;)

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Around 30K per year. I have never paid for a new vehicle. I either, buy with 100K miles, or wrecked and re-built with lower miles. And like several others here, I don't worry about resale value...by the time I am ready to sell a car, it is by the pound!

Amen! I'm just happy if I don't have to pay to have it hauled off! ;)

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like how its unique and should be loads of fun to drive. Also, its narrow size should do well on the narrow roads we have here. I don't drive much, yet any money saved on gas is always a plus. I use to geocache a lot, but when the price of gas went up, stopped for a while now. Might be able to afford to geocache again if it gets close to the mileage its suppose too. And of course, lower cost of ownership.

Christian

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hey, Elio Owners! I want to thank you so much for taking the time to give me this information. It will be very, very useful in our meeting with Paul. If we do get brought on, I promise that FilmBreak will do everything in our power to help make this happen. We're ready for the Elio Nation!

Please, feel free to continue to leave your thoughts!

Top Bottom