• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

Indiana Dave

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
One of my vehicles gets 8mpg, @ $1 per mile including all costs.. The sticker on the rear window says, "Life is more than MPG." The electric scooter goes 50mph and costs $0.01 per mile. Who cares? Life is short, and then you die. Hopefully not before you get your Elio.

I like your last 2 sentences..lol

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ELIO must go into production. As a motorcycle is the easiest way. Then once they hit the road It would be a lot easy to show the stupidly of requiring helmets and even a motorcycle endorsement .
Don't have yo worry in Colorado, it's a done deal, no helmet, no motorcycle endorsement. :D

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Problem is if you leave Colorado you must have the endorsement . Colorado's exemption does not apply to any State except Colorado .

interesting .... I thought that there was an interstate reciprocity agreement that means a legal license to drive a given vehicle in their home state is legal in all states .... I can see there being a variation in helmet laws

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
interesting .... I thought that there was an interstate reciprocity agreement that means a legal license to drive a given vehicle in their home state is legal in all states .... I can see there being a variation in helmet laws

Nope case study for you Alabama . They did not require a motorcycle endorsement. FL just loves to grab them when they cross into FL.
Many have tried that argument and all failed. If you get the Alabama endorsement then the reciprocity is in effect without it there is no agreement.
Alabama is the only state with No required motorcycle endorsement . They messed up the law last time so it is not in effect. You can pay a fee and get an endorsement if you want.
No endorsement from you state you are not legal in any other state. Argue it all you want that is they way it is.
If your state exempts ELIO great but once you cross the boarder that no longer applies.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nope case study for you Alabama . They did not require a motorcycle endorsement. FL just loves to grab them when they cross into FL.
Many have tried that argument and all failed. If you get the Alabama endorsement then the reciprocity is in effect without it there is no agreement.
Alabama is the only state with No required motorcycle endorsement . They messed up the law last time so it is not in effect. You can pay a fee and get an endorsement if you want.
No endorsement from you state you are not legal in any other state. Argue it all you want that is they way it is.
If your state exempts ELIO great but once you cross the boarder that no longer applies.

that is really interesting .... info appreciated .... hopefully they can get it through at the federal level

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
that is really interesting .... info appreciated .... hopefully they can get it through at the federal level
I'll just pick up my car at the factory and drive like hell out of LA in the shroud of darkness -- hate it down there anyway. Hot, sticky, with bugs the size of pelicans and snakes in the swimming pools.

Have to pick up the car somewhere, because Elio can't sell them in Ohio. and they still aren't saying anything about that inconvenient truth.

Top Bottom