• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Color Elio Are You Getting?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was going to get creamsickle.

Now I am considering getting green and having it painted an emerald green color.

Would they claim that voided the warranty?

assumed satire appreciated .... having spent way too many years in the RV industry, if the manufacture chose to do so, it could void the part of the vehicle's warranty that covers the paint/finish .... no guarantee that it would but if they wished to dodge repair cost, they could easily do so

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to change color without painting it you could always go with a body wrap.
Get tired of that color? Peel it off and get a different one.
Or only peel off part of it and two tone the car.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't think so. That'd be extremely silly to void it over that.

I want to get my own custom stuff done as well and it better not void the warranty. :mad:
Pretty sure PistonBoy just forgot to engage his facetious/sarcasm font during that post. ;)
assumed satire appreciated .... having spent way too many years in the RV industry, if the manufacture chose to do so, it could void the part of the vehicle's warranty that covers the paint/finish .... no guarantee that it would but if they wished to dodge repair cost, they could easily do so
Actually, no satire is intended at all. I am serious. I have never purchased a new vehicle, except my first motorcycle. Having been to small claims court three times over auto repairs (and won each time). I do not trust car dealers and believe they will use any excuse they can to avoid the service purchased in the sale price. I could probably go to court again if they refused to honor the warranty siting painting as the reason, but I do not want to. I prefer to purchase a used vehicle, and use the saved money to take care of any problems. However, the Elio has to be new (unless I wait what I believe will be a long time).

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FOTFLMFAO!!!! 35,000 posts and still this goes on, and on.....
We all agree that the absence of YELLOW, will strike a critical blow to sales!!!
BTY, Jerome had mentioned after the first year or so, they will be addressing the issue of colors that are not selling- to my disappointment, he wouldn't commit to YELLOW!!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Actually, no satire is intended at all. I am serious. I have never purchased a new vehicle, except my first motorcycle. Having been to small claims court three times over auto repairs (and won each time). I do not trust car dealers and believe they will use any excuse they can to avoid the service purchased in the sale price. I could probably go to court again if they refused to honor the warranty siting painting as the reason, but I do not want to. I prefer to purchase a used vehicle, and use the saved money to take care of any problems. However, the Elio has to be new (unless I wait what I believe will be a long time).

OK, a serious question deserves a serious answer .... alterations made to a vehicle may justifiably be used to decline a warranty claim if they alter the OEM parts that are covered by the warranty .... ludicrous example : if a person replaces the OEM horn with emits the sound of a freight train, that horn will probably not be covered by the OEM warranty .... if mounting it damages other components, they do not have to be covered .... if a problem covered by the warranty goes bad in a part that has nothing to do with the horn (like the transmission), it will be covered .... in all cases its up to the manufacture if they wish honor the warranty or decline doing so .... after that, as you note, things can end up in court

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
and then wasn't there a claim that the software/hardware is "owned" by the manufacturer and any electric alteration(s) would be an infringement of their patents?? I remember folks going ballistic about it here. "they will have to pry my horn from these cold dead hands" (Ben Hur?)

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
and then wasn't there a claim that the software/hardware is "owned" by the manufacturer and any electric alteration(s) would be an infringement of their patents?? I remember folks going ballistic about it here. "they will have to pry my horn from these cold dead hands" (Ben Hur?)

Top Bottom