• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Under The P5 Hood

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

This is a lot of glare. I hope it will be different in outdoor daylight. Speed is increments of 10 MPH. Why does it go up to 140 MPH and higher?

[Broken External Image]

Is this suppose to be bellows for flexing? I was going to wrap heat wrap (like what is on the pipe) around this section so heat would not radiate onto the oil pan making the oil unnecessarily hot.

Engines are so beautiful when they are clean. It is a shame they become dirty.

Last edited:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
The Elgin dash in the P5 is exactly the same as the previous prototype. I was told that no changes were made because while they have a number of ideas they are waiting on road testing to actually work on refining this design further.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My P5 photos, from the LA Auto Show, have been uploaded to a Facebook photo album for now:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153784576217269&type=1&l=50245f2659

(This is a public album that does not require a Facebook account for viewing}

Those are some very nice pictures! Thank you ever so much! Those 3 pedals look so small, I hope my clumsy feet will adapt rapidly to the configuration. I know they will.

Thank you Mr. Goofyone for posting these, I certainly appreciate them till I get to see P5 in TX...

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

This is a lot of glare. I hope it will be different in outdoor daylight. Speed is increments of 10 MPH. Why does it go up to 140 MPH and higher?

[Broken External Image]

Is this suppose to be bellows for flexing? I was going to wrap heat wrap (like what is on the pipe) around this section so heat would not radiate onto the oil pan making the oil unnecessarily hot.
Why does the speedo goes up to 140 and higher you say? That's for me after the turbo is installed! :D I do share your concern about the location of the pipe in close proximity to the oil pan!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My P5 photos, from the LA Auto Show, have been uploaded to a Facebook photo album for now:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153784576217269&type=1&l=50245f2659

(This is a public album that does not require a Facebook account for viewing}
Thanks much goofyone- you may have saved me the trip to the LA Auto Show which I was going to but I've seen and read enough comments about the P5 to be satisfied! Awesome angles of shots without getting my shirt dirty! Well done.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The Elgin dash in the P5 is exactly the same as the previous prototype. I was told that no changes were made because while they have a number of ideas they are waiting on road testing to actually work on refining this design further.
The best refinement they could do is take it out of the Elio and throw it in the trash. Sorry, I just can't stand that cluster, one of the worst I have ever seen in a vehicle at any time, make or model of vehicle.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Here's my take on why PE chose the Elgin dash- (contrary to the "other" story you've heard), PE liked the robot from the movie "SHORT CIRCUIT" so much that he somehow adapted the Elgin Dash as the closest look-alike! :D
$_35.jpg

Top Bottom