• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Two More Cents

Shawndae

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I see a lot of good ideas here and it is a lot of fun to talk about them. For me the most important thing is to keep the price down to the stated $ 6800. This is one of the big selling features about this car and why I am going to buy one for sure. If I want a ton of options I can always buy a normal car. As a big commuter who drives 30k per year just to get to work and back, I want a plain, no frails, manual transmission, 84 MPG car saver. With the standard options of power windows door locks, air and a radio, it has all that I need. If it goes up a few hundred I can handle that but if it goes up a few thousand I will need to pass.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The $6800 base price is definitely a big draw for everyone so is the projected gas mileage. One thing in addition to the price is the destination charge of $750 so the price is really $7550 plus dealer prep and TTL. I've heard they may waive the destination charge for factory pickup in Shreveport but have seen nothing official from Elio.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The $6800 base price is definitely a big draw for everyone so is the projected gas mileage. One thing in addition to the price is the destination charge of $750 so the price is really $7550 plus dealer prep and TTL. I've heard they may waive the destination charge for factory pickup in Shreveport but have seen nothing official from Elio.
$750 is a typical delivery charge for your typical behemoth. But being half the weight, shouldn't the the delivery charge be half the amount? I think a delivery charge in excess of 10% of the car's retail price is outrageous.

If they waive the delivery fee for FOB Shreveport, I'll hitch down and pick mine up ... but then, who installs the options?

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
$750 is a typical delivery charge for your typical behemoth. But being half the weight, shouldn't the the delivery charge be half the amount? I think a delivery charge in excess of 10% of the car's retail price is outrageous.

If they waive the delivery fee for FOB Shreveport, I'll hitch down and pick mine up ... but then, who installs the options?

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I have seen that number quoted for the destination charge in numerous places. I agree that seems excessive. A while back I bought a Chinese motorcycle with sidecar it didn't cost much more than that to ship from Beijing.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I think I heard it will be around $400 for delivery. :)

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope you're right. I only live about 200 miles from Shreveport so hopefully I will be able to pickup at the factory with the destination charge waived. Being retired and on a fixed income every penny counts. I personally think it would be advantageous to have a Elio store setup at the factory.
In Columbus I mentioned the $700 figure, he asked where I heard that, I told him that's what's going around and he said it would not be that high. He said "I think It will be around $400+"

Top Bottom