• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Trolls Buying Elios

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe these websites, like this one, are run by large companies. They interject the advertising we see.

I wonder if it is possible for administrators (or moderators, or whoever) to collect a list of the "trolls" who submit a few entries and leave. Than submit this list to the parent company of these website, and ask what percentage of them have the same IP address. We would not want to know what that IP address is, nor any names, nor addresses. They would (and should) stay anonymous. I am curious how many of these are all coming from the same IP address.
I wish it worked like that, but it doesn't.
Hosting companies (you refer to them as parent company) may host a few 100 thousand accounts, and there are 100's of these hosting companies.
They will only look into activity of a client if there are complaints about them, or their systems catches them flooding the backbone with traffic.
There are also ways to hide your IP address by bouncing it through a series of proxy servers in other parts of the world.

It's the World Wide Web, not the US Only Web

It not worth the effort that would have to be invested in tracking them down.

Lawrence G.

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Trolls are only good with internet RESPONSES, we put our money in to try and help make it happen, big difference. Also it will be to late, over 50,000
have already shown some type of interest. SMILE

mrmeeks

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
10690075_842066759148715_3027351613950796689_n.jpg

Top Bottom