• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Time To "get 'er Done"

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And the converse- If it does succeed, will you man-up,return and say I was wrong? lol
Sure. Heck, I'll even say it now. If elio motors makes it to mass production, RUCRAYZE is proven to be the wisest of the wise, and he told me so long in advance! Three cheers for RUCRAYZE! eliothegreat has been proven wrong and is unworthy to wash the tires of all the wise reservationists.

Is there any of deadline or other conditions that I need to meet? Say June 2016? December 2016? 100 vehicles sold at retail? 1000? 10,000? Since I say that production (1000 vehicles sold at retail) cannot happen within 18 months, you get double apologies if that happens before the end of October 2016. I'm feeling generous, so let's say double apologies if 1000 retail elio's are sold and delivered by 31 December 2016. Triple apologies if paul elio is still a majority shareholder of the company at the time.

And I'll even give you 1:0 odds. If I'm right, I won't expect an apology from anyone on this forum. Deal?

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Naive?..I doubt it .Narcissistic?...I think that fits. I have made no threats. Only offering some food for thought. I certainly wouldn't waste my time "tracking you down." There are professionals for that. You probably have nothing to worry about unless EM fails...
Then I should worry. I believe they already have failed. All that remains is to see what happens to the pieces.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sure. Heck, I'll even say it now. If elio motors makes it to mass production, RUCRAYZE is proven to be the wisest of the wise, and he told me so long in advance! Three cheers for RUCRAYZE! eliothegreat has been proven wrong and is unworthy to wash the tires of all the wise reservationists.

Is there any of deadline or other conditions that I need to meet? Say June 2016? December 2016? 100 vehicles sold at retail? 1000? 10,000? Since I say that production (1000 vehicles sold at retail) cannot happen within 18 months, you get double apologies if that happens before the end of October 2016. I'm feeling generous, so let's say double apologies if 1000 retail elio's are sold and delivered by 31 December 2016. Triple apologies if paul elio is still a majority shareholder of the company at the time.

And I'll even give you 1:0 odds. If I'm right, I won't expect an apology from anyone on this forum. Deal?
I can't speak for everyone, but I will be the first to apologize I like option "C" w/ the doubles 1k sold and delivered by the end of the year!
- let' keep in touch if the 1k are out the door before!!

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sorry for being a bit slow. Just to point out how naive I am/was, when I saw the address on the reservation form "that hasn't harmed anyone", I realized that it was within easy driving distance, and that I could go see the HQ of the company and the prototype in person. It was a bit of a shock when I didn't see any elio's in the parking lot, or the company name on the street sign, or on the complex map,
So, now, after waiting two years for a product that was supposed to be released in July of 2014 (elio's dates, not mine), and being no closer to production then than now, it turns out that I am now classed as demanding instant gratification. I'm not demanding anything. I'd like some honesty from elio motors, but that's not a demand. No threats, no offers, just a request. Little things, like "How much of the $65M that you have raised is still on hand?" "Could you please publish actual mpg's for the P3 and P4, and compare them to a Geo Metro so we could see just how much difference the reduced weight and reduced width and improved aerodynamics improve fuel economy?" "Could you please add a note to your advertising of 'specifications subject to change without notice'?" "When you show the pics of the prototype along with the claims, could you include a note indicating that the prototype does not have all/any of the projected specifications?" "Could you please publish the name of the escrow company holding the refundable reservations?" "Could you please post a video of the iav engine running?"
I am going to face the wrath of the troll hunters for this, but I have to be honest. eliothegreat raises some valid points. Not all perhaps, but certainly some. Do I think this is àll a big scam to get money? No, that seems unlikely. If it all goes under, there will be nothing left by the time even half the lawsuits are finished. Only ones who'll see a dime are the lawyers. But are there some issues that are not public? You bet there are. Is eliothegreat an agent of some dark power who is secretly trying to infiltrate the Elio enthusiasts network to undermine support and thereby somehow torpedo the project? Naw, don't really think so. I think he's just frustrated with things not looking so bright and cheery and wondering why some stuff just don't add up. And there IS some stuff that don't add up. But there may be explanations that aren't public, possibly because they are covering up OTHER stuff. :-)
But there are no answers here, and they won't be offered up anywhere else most likely. All anyone can do at this point is sit and wait. And debate which side the gas cap should go on, but then we all know the answer to that.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I STILL believe the gas cap belongs on the outside!!

upload_2015-2-19_8-35-52.jpeg

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am going to face the wrath of the troll hunters for this, but I have to be honest. eliothegreat raises some valid points. Not all perhaps, but certainly some. Do I think this is àll a big scam to get money? No, that seems unlikely. If it all goes under, there will be nothing left by the time even half the lawsuits are finished. Only ones who'll see a dime are the lawyers. But are there some issues that are not public? You bet there are. Is eliothegreat an agent of some dark power who is secretly trying to infiltrate the Elio enthusiasts network to undermine support and thereby somehow torpedo the project? Naw, don't really think so. I think he's just frustrated with things not looking so bright and cheery and wondering why some stuff just don't add up. And there IS some stuff that don't add up. But there may be explanations that aren't public, possibly because they are covering up OTHER stuff. :)
But there are no answers here, and they won't be offered up anywhere else most likely. All anyone can do at this point is sit and wait. And debate which side the gas cap should go on, but then we all know the answer to that.
Agreed. He has good points and has every right to be upset. But he crosses the line when he tries to get all of us to jump on his Debbie Downer band wagon and to give up on optimism and all become gloomy. Also, he tries to get all of us to feel like we're idiots.
I won't be a part of it. He's made his point, now let it go.

Top Bottom