• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Thread(s) Of Elio As Long-distance Highway Machine

Paul D

Elio Fan
Reaction score
tumblr_m1vkn1_MWr_S1rt1ji9o1_1280.png

We need to hook this guy up with an Elio.

Post #19
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5726187-27-Day-Miata-Trip-7000-miles

He Missed all the fun winding roads through all the lakes in MN

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If I can ride a Harley across the US and back, darn sure I can make in an ELIO.

By the way like your route.

of that I have no doubt .... I have friends who make the yearly ride on theirs to Sturgis from NC .... and a few who have taken theirs to Alaska .... I really respect folks who can make trips like that

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio is going to be a babe magnet so maybe you will find a partner during all those travels by the end of that 3rd set.........the down side being a little more wear on the 4th and 5th sets with that extra passenger weight in the rear seat.

babe magnet ?

BearLakeSteve

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
yeah, my camry has 240K and runs great.

but the Elio engine is brand new. I'm wary of the bleeding edge, even with amazing modern design aids, testing.
The way I see it, with a $6800 price tag, there is a lot less to be leary of than any other new car. We waited a few years to buy my wife's new Dodge Journey so that engine issues could be worked out, but that was a car of more than 3 times the price of the Elio.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
of that I have no doubt .... I have friends who make the yearly ride on theirs to Sturgis from NC .... and a few who have taken theirs to Alaska .... I really respect folks who can make trips like that
Ride between 20 and 60,000 a year. Planning a 4-5K trip now for+ end of MAY. We were looking at running down to Shreveport, but just not much to see there so looks like TN/NC boarder and Smokey mountains win. The Elio will ride Deals Gap aka Dragon with us when it gets here.
To ride North America there is no prefect route, Just to much to see in 3 life times. You could ride Eastern TN and VA every year and never run out of great rides. Get off the main roads in UT or anywhere in the upper West .

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ride between 20 and 60,000 a year. Planning a 4-5K trip now for+ end of MAY. We were looking at running down to Shreveport, but just not much to see there so looks like TN/NC boarder and Smokey mountains win. The Elio will ride Deals Gap aka Dragon with us when it gets here.

nice .... you'll enjoy the Dragon

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To ride North America there is no prefect route, Just to much to see in 3 life times. You could ride Eastern TN and VA every year and never run out of great rides. Get off the main roads in UT or anywhere in the upper West .
I can't think of any country that has the varied scenery and climate that the USA has. We have deserts, rain soaked forest, hot climates, cold climates, flat prairies, mountains, great rivers, etc. I could continue but my computer is overheating.

Top Bottom