• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A commonly employed way of improving handling in the past, is to add a brace between the shock towers in the engine compartment.

Will that work with the P5? I don't know if it will work or if there is anything to attach to. I can not discern where the top of the shocks are in the engine compartment. Is there a direct line between them without the engine being in the way?

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A commonly employed way of improving handling in the past, is to add a brace between the shock towers in the engine compartment.

Will that work with the P5? I don't know if it will work or if there is anything to attach to. I can not discern where the top of the shocks are in the engine compartment. Is there a direct line between them without the engine being in the way?

It wouldn't as its not stamped steel. A Elio has more in common with a racecar tube chasis than anything

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
It wouldn't as its not stamped steel. A Elio has more in common with a racecar tube chasis than anything
This is correct. The Elio is a full square tube chassis vehicle with the shock mounts being welded directly to the chassis.

The Elio should handle quite well with its wide front track, relatively long wheelbase, and stiff tube chassis. What I have heard several times is that the P4 was quite fast through a slalom course even without any electronic drivers aides.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is correct. The Elio is a full square tube chassis vehicle with the shock mounts being welded directly to the chassis.

The Elio should handle quite well with its wide front track, relatively long wheelbase, and stiff tube chassis. What I have heard several times is that the P4 was quite fast through a slalom course even without any electronic drivers aides.

I wonder what kind of speeds and times it did.

DanS

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the skirts on the front fenders look like an afterthought. They are blocked and squared off. Those need a little refinement, make them look more like the back tire skirt.

Attachments

• DSC09399 (1).JPG
    DSC09399 (1).JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 210

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score

THEY MAKE SOME PRETTY COOL TOWER BRACES FROM CARBON FIBER NOW .
THESE ARE NOT LIMITED TO A STRAIGHT LINE AND CAN NAVIGATE OBSTRUCTIONS IN CLEVER WAYS .

WHAT I AM WONDERING IS IF IT WILL DO ANY GOOD .
THE BACK WILL HAVE LITTLE ROLL RESISTANCE WITH A SINGLE REAR WHEEL
THE CAR WILL START LEANING LONG BEFORE THE FRAME STARTS TWISTING .

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the skirts on the front fenders look like an afterthought. They are blocked and squared off. Those need a little refinement, make then look more like the back tire skirt.

I AGREE . I THINK THEY SHOULD LOOK MORE LIKE THE WHEEL SPATS ON AN ANTIQUE AIRPLANE .
THE SLIPERIER , THE BETTER .

YOU WILL BE ABLE TO UNBOLT THEM AND SWAP 'EM OUT FOR COVERS MORE TO YOUR LIKING .
THE AFTERMARKET WILL BE ALL OVER THIS ON THE FIRST DAY .

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Thanks. You guys are correct. I forgot it was a tube frame. All my vehicles have been traditional stamped steel. Are there any affordable tube chassis vehicles on the market or is everything affordable still stamped steel?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do not know why the back of the vehicle and fender skirts are square. For aerodynamic purposes, I would think they would be rounded and more tapered.

Top Bottom