• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The "let's Argue Over Colors And What Elio 'said'" Thread

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I understand correctly, the body will be of the same construction style that Saturn used- a solid space-frame with flexible panels that attach to it. If so, the same type of paint used on any vehicle will work, it just has to have a flex agent mixed into it so that it will adhere and flex with the body panel as opposed to popping free & peeling off.

Z, I understand the color constraints that are being expressed and the argument that Goofyone has presented for them. I just wanted to post the old ad, as I had referred to it before and wouldn't want everyone to think that I was completely crazy saying that it had existed when the majority had never seen it. As I've said before, I'd be willing to pay for it at an extra cost if possible simply for a factory paint job and to keep from having to do it myself, as my Elio WILL be Screamin' Yellow (one way or another!). :cool:
I'm not sure what "Screamin' Yellow" means. I saw an incredibly gorgeous big rig yesterday that was a beautiful mellow yellow with rich blue fenders and shade thing over the windshield. All I could think of is why don't cars come in colors like some of the big rigs. We don't even have the option of some of those beautiful colors. I also saw 3 or 4 small cars with a very soothing green color I had never seen before. One was a VW beetle so I looked up their colors and couldn't find it. The others were unknown makes because they all look alike but the color was very close to that of the beetle. Gorgeous! Actually, I am glad you posted the ad because it is a very nice ad and it gives all of us an idea of how far Elio has come in a couple of years. :-) Z

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If I understand correctly, the body will be of the same construction style that Saturn used- a solid space-frame with flexible panels that attach to it. If so, the same type of paint used on any vehicle will work, it just has to have a flex agent mixed into it so that it will adhere and flex with the body panel as opposed to popping free & peeling off.

10-4 .... good to know .... there are a few good body shops in our area which I'd consider having do some custom work .... info appreciated

Jim

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I contacted the Elio Team to find out if any other types of paint, which could be a option for the Elio, not just the color...

" Nissan " has come out with a auto paint that is called " Ultra-Ever Dry " auto paint... you would never have to wash your car again...

I am guessing that it could come in any color you would want... That to me would be worth the extra $500 for a special paint job...

I would love to have a white Elio with green stripes, that never needs washing... even dark cars would not get dirty, it is kind of like putting on rain X for dirt... there is a point now, in how long the paint lasts on the car... oddly, Nissan stated that the tests would be over in the fall of 2015, just about when the Elio comes out...

Nissan stated the they were only going to offer this paint to new Leaf owners as a option... But stated that they also wanted to do a aftermarket line for this type of paint... so I guess we have to wait for Elio and the paint... all coming out in 2015..

Elio Team replied that they would forward my e-mail about the paint to the proper people...

Basically saying ... right, a no wash paint... good luck with that... they did not say that... it just read that way...

Proud to Be.. an Elio owner #2225 see ya on the road... " give me a wave "

Eliometer

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need to watch the colors, in some states there are some colors that are ban, while in other states they are not allowed at all. In some states only certain colors are allowed to be visible from the front, with different colors allowed to be visible from the rear of the vehicle.
Wow! That gets complicated. I assume my local RMV can school me?

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure what "Screamin' Yellow" means. I saw an incredibly gorgeous big rig yesterday that was a beautiful mellow yellow with rich blue fenders and shade thing over the windshield. All I could think of is why don't cars come in colors like some of the big rigs. We don't even have the option of some of those beautiful colors. I also saw 3 or 4 small cars with a very soothing green color I had never seen before. One was a VW beetle so I looked up their colors and couldn't find it. The others were unknown makes because they all look alike but the color was very close to that of the beetle. Gorgeous! Actually, I am glad you posted the ad because it is a very nice ad and it gives all of us an idea of how far Elio has come in a couple of years. :) Z
I too like that Lime Green VW color. Wish it was an Elio Choice.
[Broken External Image]

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I too like that Lime Green VW color. Wish it was an Elio Choice.
[Broken External Image]
Now my question is, why was it not listed on color options for VW Beetles. I looked at 2013 and 2014 and they didn't have anything interesting at all let alone this green. I did see a Ford Focus today on my way back from Umpqua and it was a similar color. Thanks for posting it. :-) Z

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I prefer forest green.......

2012-05-18_15-36-17_208.jpg

But I'll settle for KAWASAKI green, more visible :)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone is talking about painting for the colors; my thought (and this is mentioned on the Elio site) is wraps.
This way when you get tired of a color, or you want to match something new in your life you can peel off an existing wrap and put on a new one.
I think most NASCAR's are complete body wraps on a base color. You can even do seasonal or banner it for a special event.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Everyone is talking about painting for the colors; my thought (and this is mentioned on the Elio site) is wraps.
This way when you get tired of a color, or you want to match something new in your life you can peel off an existing wrap and put on a new one.
I think most NASCAR's are complete body wraps on a base color. You can even do seasonal or banner it for a special event.

That could be an option...not cheap, tho. Many wraps have a background color that matches the car color. The wrap has to be "hand cut" at all door edges and body seams, and most will leave about an 8th inch of body color visible. Look closely at the commercial wraps in your area.

Top Bottom