• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering if there will be one combination that will be rare enough that someday it would be a collector's item. Maybe only 10 people will get one with a stick and Lord Elgin dash for instance... You just never know.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm wondering if there will be one combination that will be rare enough that someday it would be a collector's item. Maybe only 10 people will get one with a stick and Lord Elgin dash for instance... You just never know.

interesting but unless things change (and I for one hope they will) and they offer an alternative to the Elgin, all Elios will roll off the line with them .... on the other end of the spectrum, it would be interesting to see one with every factory option .. :)

Sharp Right

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Friends,

Though I would love to embrace the full spirit of driving and purchase my Elio with a manual transmission, old age has gotten in the way. The reduced manual dexterity in my hands will require an automatic transmission in my car. Regardless, I am sure that I will still have plenty of fun in my Elio.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dear Friends,

Though I would love to embrace the full spirit of driving and purchase my Elio with a manual transmission, old age has gotten in the way. The reduced manual dexterity in my hands will require an automatic transmission in my car. Regardless, I am sure that I will still have plenty of fun in my Elio.
Not to worry. The more I read about it, the Automatic Manual Transmission will be just about as much fun... You could put it into Manual mode and force the shifts yourself or just leave it in Drive and let the car decide when to shift. Either way, the Elio should be fun.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dear Friends,

amen .... sadly/personally all too well understood

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The video mentioned "manual mode" but. Has EM actually said we would get "manual mode"?

no clue but do believe that EM with go with whatever is the cheapest .... that doesn't automatically mean they won't offer both because as with power windows, offering both could be the cheapest way to go ....

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Learned my lesson on "passing emergency" when my rental Chrysler LHS ran out of steam at about 75 on a 2-lane while trying to pass a truck. Yep, although that V-6 would MOVE at urban speeds giving you a false sense of performance, when you rang down to the engine room for "all ahead flank" out on the highway the AT failed to kick down and it seemed the stokers were all on a coffee break . . . like three cylinders just checked out. I think I cut a couple new buttonholes in the driver's seat . . .

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Learned my lesson on "passing emergency" when my rental Chrysler LHS ran out of steam at about 75 on a 2-lane while trying to pass a truck. Yep, although that V-6 would MOVE at urban speeds giving you a false sense of performance, when you rang down to the engine room for "all ahead flank" out on the highway the AT failed to kick down and it seemed the stokers were all on a coffee break . . . like three cylinders just checked out. I think I cut a couple new buttonholes in the driver's seat . . .
Lol... cut a few new button holes. That took me a minute to figure out.:D

Top Bottom