• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would think so as well. We'll see if they can cover enough ground to get all the reservationists a test drive between now and production... 50,000 people / 50 people per day is well over a year worth of test drives. Yeah, I just figured out that there is NO WAY they can let everyone have a test drive with a single vehicle... Now, if they just offer it to the $1,000 all ins, it's a different story. Same goes if they have more than one demo car.
You keep trying to exclude me because I'm only at the $500 level. There's a little $1K elitism here.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio was considering putting the stores in strip malls, but this seems totally impractical. Strip malls are for small stores. Customers are suppose to be able to pick up their elios at the same store the following day. A strip mall store would be much too small for this.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the St. Louis area, there are several of the Quick Oil Change Buildings vacant. One might be a good location for a temporary Elio Store because they are in high traffic areas and already have a garage.

If you check a little you will find that Elio has said its retail stores will be about 4000 sq ft.
It will be a showroom with one Elio inside and it will have one manual and one automatic transmission demo unit.
The Elio retail sales locations will not have garages associated with them.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My opinion: I've driven both as most of you have. My concern is not that but the combination of the standard Steering with the manual transmission. I remember the '63 pony Mustang. But I do have time to test drive before it becomes a hard decision.. after all look at my SIL number. ;)
Yup. You'll have plenty of time for a test drive. I mean, if they build just 400 a day (the line can run 533 per 8 hours), you'll have 49 days to get that test drive in.

Top Bottom