• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The E-series Build.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So why not produce all Elio engines at the Shreveport plant and distribute them from there?
Production engines, maybe. Right now we're dealing with 25 e-cars for testing which are being built in Michigan. Next comes the 100 car "starter set" to be driven in fleet operations. Then, FINALLY, we get to see our babies. maybe. Before hell freezes over.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I do wonder if that rental car company in AZ will be renting the Elio or using it for other purposes.
I don't know if I would want to rent it out; what do you think the odds are of it returning?
It could get tucked away in a private collection, and not seen for years; what a jewel that would be with no S/N.
"gee officer, I parked it right there, and it was gone when I came out".

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I had to guess, I think Linamar, which makes engines worldwide, would have a role in manufacturing the Elio engine.

From what we've seen, I think Linamar would develop the machinery and get it set up in Shreveport, where Elio employees would actually make the engine. Of course I could be completely wrong about this.

I would guess that you are probably right....concerning the engine. However, the post that I was replying to, was discussing the "stamped frame and the dies" that the frame parts were produced from. ;) The article that I quoted (posted by AriLea) "indicates" that current technology does not require having expensive dies to produce prototype/limited production-run parts. :becky:

Last edited:
Top Bottom