• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now that would look pretty cool! Especially if you lived in Cincinnati or were a Bengals fan or lived in a city that had a university, high school or sport franchise using Tigers or Bengals as name and/or mascot. Would you name your Elio "Tony the Tiger" ????lol

MISSOU has tigers. I am still think of the yellow Labrador motif for our parades

champsman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Manual transmission with cruise control has one advantage....

When that state trooper sneaks up behind you on the highway you can tap the clutch pedal to turn off the cruise control and he/she won't see that telltale brake light flash. :D

Both my automatic and both my manuals have cancel buttons that do the same as tapping the clutch .... then hit resume to return to set cruise speed. God bless drive by wire

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Manual transmission with cruise control has one advantage....

When that state trooper sneaks up behind you on the highway you can tap the clutch pedal to turn off the cruise control and he/she won't see that telltale brake light flash. :D

Or you could just turn it off, no matter if you are driving an auto or manual...

Dragonz

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I think having cruise control takes the "fun" out of driving. It's like having a motorcycle with an ATM (yes, they are out there, as well as all electric bikes). I am a guy likes like to feel the car as it drives. Breath and move with it. Hear the roar of the engine, and smell of the gas. I like to be one with the road haha.

I won't be getting ATM, and I hope I can op-out of cruise control when it comes into production

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think having cruise control takes the "fun" out of driving. It's like having a motorcycle with an ATM (yes, they are out there, as well as all electric bikes). I am a guy likes like to feel the car as it drives. Breath and move with it. Hear the roar of the engine, and smell of the gas. I like to be one with the road haha.

I won't be getting ATM, and I hope I can op-out of cruise control when it comes into production

Well, it's pretty easy to simply never use the cruise control switch, and having it will improve the resale value when you decide to trade up to a Turbo Elio; if it's standard equipment, it would seem kinda silly to opt out :p

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suppose so, but why have a feature you wouldn't use, why would you have it? It's just dead weight and every ounce you take off, make the fuel efficiency go up

Of course if it's optional, then don't pay for it. But if it is standard equipment then I don't see what's wrong with having it on? You pay for it either way, might as well get resale value out of it.
For something like cruise control, I think your milage will be more impacted by having a large lunch then by having the cruise control mechanism installed :p

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Have you ever driven more than 500 mi at a stretch without cruise control? I have and my knee was so incredibly sore, even with several stops.
I suppose so, but why have a feature you wouldn't use, why would you have it? It's just dead weight and every ounce you take off, make the fuel efficiency go up

A few ounces extra isn't going to effect gas mileage. Not accelerating as fast will have a great effect than a little extra weight. Heck, family trips with a fully loaded '12 Focus only sees 1-2 less mpg than unloaded on long trips.

Top Bottom