• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Trapping in moisture really depends on the cover and what is it made out of. Some covers are made breathable so they allow moisture to evaporate, some are heavier duty and last longer but do not breathe.

And AFAIK, putting any cover on a dirty car will end up grinding in the dirt as wind blows the cover around. But if you are careful about keeping the car clean and waxed and how you put on and remove the cover, a good cover should not be too hard on the finish. Unless the car is black, then I think you will end up with fine but visible scratches over time.

I have been looking into covers for my Miata since I park in the driveway and need to replace the top soon and polish the headlights from UV damage. If we were staying in this house much longer I would just build a carport over the driveway but we plan to move next year...

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well...
FINALLY the configurator works for me... at least in firefox. :D
Up until my attempt today, it had always given me a popup that said something like "3D is not installed on this browser".

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see there is now an optional Roof Racks:Elio Roof Top Bike Rack!!

Awesome. The picture isn't very clear however. Anyone got any thoughts or info on it?

Since the main thing I do with my truck is transport my bicycle to the trail, this is big news for me. :)
Did you see the picture in Momentum V69?
Elio_Bike_Rack.jpg

I ride a couple of nice local paved trails with my road bikes.
They're within riding distance on relatively safe streets/roads.
One's 10.5mi and the other's a mile. Rails to trails.
But it'd be nice to search out some new ones.

There's one that goes 43mi from north of Warren OH to Ashtabula OH on Lake Erie.
There are also some within driving distance from Pittsburgh with numerous long tunnels.
I think I saw online that there were even some that go through old mines.
There's gotta be some scenic ones around your area.

Last edited:

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did you see the picture in Momentum V69?
Elio_Bike_Rack.jpg

I ride a couple of nice local paved trails with my road bikes.
They're within riding distance on relatively safe streets/roads.
One's 10.5mi and the other's a mile. Rails to trails.
But it'd be nice to search out some new ones.

There's one that goes 43mi from north of Warren OH to Ashtabula OH on Lake Erie.
There are also some within driving distance from Pittsburgh with numerous long tunnels.
I think I saw online that there were even some that go through old mines.
There's gotta be some scenic ones around your area.
No, I did not. Thanks for the picture. In the configurator it seems the front wheel is on top of the car and on that picture it is not. Both would suggest a front fork type mount. My bike has quick release wheels so that should be no problem. My hybrid bike is about 40 pounds. Hopefully this setup isn't just for 20 pound or less ones.

Thanks again.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If it's a fork type bike mount, where do you put the front wheel? I have real doubts as to whether a 26 inch bike wheel will it fit inside the Elio

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am waiting for a rack and container that will hold a suitcase worth of stuff. With a small cooler and gym bag in the "trunk" and enough room to store a weeks worth of clothing for 2 I would be set up for road trips. I see that as one of the most popular accessories that Elio could offer. Early in this forum there was a lot of talk about saddle bags and luggage racks and trailers and any other idea that would allow the Elio to be a viable vehicle for travel. Now, not so much.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am waiting for a rack and container that will hold a suitcase worth of stuff. With a small cooler and gym bag in the "trunk" and enough room to store a weeks worth of clothing for 2 I would be set up for road trips. I see that as one of the most popular accessories that Elio could offer. Early in this forum there was a lot of talk about saddle bags and luggage racks and trailers and any other idea that would allow the Elio to be a viable vehicle for travel. Now, not so much.

I can see, with all the desire to load up an Elio for travelling, that a small air bag suspension might be in order. I don't have any specs on the rear tire as far as load limits, but keep in mind there's only one back there. A blow out because of overloading could be real bad news at highway speeds. Trailers seem like a safer option to me [IMHO].

Top Bottom