• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Some Questions I'd Like To Ask Paul Elio

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know we've been repeatedly told that wonderful things are in the wings. But I'd like to have some straight answers to questions about the present state of things and in the immediate future.

1. What is the state of the engine? When will it be machined, assembled, and running?
2. What is the time frame for completing the "P5", that is, the take-off prototype? Where is it being built?
3. What is the current design of the dash?
4. What is the design solution for the windshield wiper?
5. What is the current state of affairs in the Shreveport plant?
6. What's the status of the transmission selection? If it's been made, what is it? If not, when do you expect to have that locked down?
7. What's the status of the a/c system?

Finally, a couple of biggies:

What is the timing of the DOE loan application? When do you expect a decision?
What's the prospective timing on other funding sources?

Not that I expect Paul to actually answer these questions, but answers to some or all of them would help keep reservations rolling and make a show of the progress that has (presumably) been made

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know we've been repeatedly told that wonderful things are in the wings. But I'd like to have some straight answers to questions about the present state of things and in the immediate future.

1. What is the state of the engine? When will it be machined, assembled, and running?
2. What is the time frame for completing the "P5", that is, the take-off prototype? Where is it being built?
3. What is the current design of the dash?
4. What is the design solution for the windshield wiper?
5. What is the current state of affairs in the Shreveport plant?
6. What's the status of the transmission selection? If it's been made, what is it? If not, when do you expect to have that locked down?
7. What's the status of the a/c system?

Finally, a couple of biggies:

What is the timing of the DOE loan application? When do you expect a decision?
What's the prospective timing on other funding sources?

Not that I expect Paul to actually answer these questions, but answers to some or all of them would help keep reservations rolling and make a show of the progress that has (presumably) been made
Excellent questions to ask Elio directly on Elio Facebook. My guess is their response would be that they are in the process of nailing down many of those details........and will announce them as soon as the decisions are finalized.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My questions would be:
Do you really expect production beginning in Sept. 2015?
How many will be produced per day?
Will there be 1, 2 or 3 work shifts per day?
How many are at the top of the list for $1000.00 in?
Do you think the walk-in public will be able to purchase one by February 2016?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He's answered your second question, and part of your third. Production will start (if memory serves) at 250 / day. They will start with one line running, split that team and open Line 2, then add second shift as demand requires.

I was trying to avoid speculative questions -- Paul flat out won't answer those.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, but he should have an idea of HOW MANY per day they expect after the first month and should be willing to say how many are in for 1K.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Alas, for serious reasons I do not subscribe to Facebook.
Most folks don't know it, but you don't have to subscribe to Facebook, twitter, instagram,or Youtube to look at them. Just to post on them. I click on their icons when I visit Elio's home page to see what is going on, and get more current info.

Try it here

Follow Us

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My questions would be:
Do you really expect production beginning in Sept. 2015?
How many will be produced per day?
Will there be 1, 2 or 3 work shifts per day?
How many are at the top of the list for $1000.00 in?
Do you think the walk-in public will be able to purchase one by February 2016?

They do expect production in Sept. For the first 45 days they will be running the line at 75% speed, then it will go up to 100% which they expect to be 500 cars a day. Then after 45 days they will kick in second shift, and after about 45 more days kick in the second line which will up it to about 1000 cars a day.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, if that turns out to be true then the public should be able to walk in by the middle of '16 and pick up one. I guess I better start my saving account ASAP.
But I'm betting they won't come anywhere close to those numbers.
At 500 per day (say 10 hr. days) that's 50 per hour. Never happen.

Top Bottom