• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Social Or Factual

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah can you figure that out?
I do not care what college you graduated from. Tell me something new about the damn Elio. I do not care what your old car was or is, tell me something about the Elio. I do not care how poor you are or what you are going to do, tell me about the Elio. I do not care how big a baby you are, or how someone stole your ball, tell me about the Elio.
three quarters of the posts on here are about people pissing on other people's shoes, and them complaining about it.

I come here trying to find people that have some sense AND some new information about the Elio. This site is all about egos and Bullshit.
Make me a mod and I would chase 80% of you away by just deleting every post you put up that does not stay on topic. And then people that wanted to know about the vehicle could actually find something besides the over-the-top propaganda that EM vomits on a daily basis in an attempt to convince a new customer to commit.
This board is becoming unreadable because of all the crap.

golfsteve

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am from Ohio.Recently, the Dealership Associations came to an agreement with Tesla to allow Tesla to maintain 3 only storefronts to sell their cars. No manufacturer is allowed to sell direct to consumer. Unless PeP Boys becomes a dealer, the use of them to ship cars to customers is void. I don't know if you can buy a car directly from the factory and have it shipped to a dealer for pickup by any manufacturer. How would Elio get around this if they have no dealers?

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am from Ohio.Recently, the Dealership Associations came to an agreement with Tesla to allow Tesla to maintain 3 only storefronts to sell their cars. No manufacturer is allowed to sell direct to consumer. Unless PeP Boys becomes a dealer, the use of them to ship cars to customers is void. I don't know if you can buy a car directly from the factory and have it shipped to a dealer for pickup by any manufacturer. How would Elio get around this if they have no dealers?
It's not a CAR

golfsteve

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dealership issue still stands. Plus, in Ohio , the State will not require a mc attachment. Insurance wise they are looking at insuring it as a CAR. Are there any other small petty complaints?

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The dealership issue still stands. Plus, in Ohio , the State will not require a mc attachment. Insurance wise they are looking at insuring it as a CAR. Are there any other small petty complaints?
No it doesn't, there are plenty of places selling scooters and motorcycles via the web.

If you weren't being so PETTY you'd know that.

As for the insurance companies the can decide they want to insure it as a zeppelin if they want. That still doesn't affect what the law considers a car.

If the law is changed to make the Elio a car it will no longer be legal to sell anywhere with or without a dealership.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah can you figure that out?
I do not care what college you graduated from. Tell me something new about the damn Elio. I do not care what your old car was or is, tell me something about the Elio. I do not care how poor you are or what you are going to do, tell me about the Elio. I do not care how big a baby you are, or how someone stole your ball, tell me about the Elio.
three quarters of the posts on here are about people pissing on other people's shoes, and them complaining about it.

I come here trying to find people that have some sense AND some new information about the Elio. This site is all about egos and Bullshit.
Make me a mod and I would chase 80% of you away by just deleting every post you put up that does not stay on topic. And then people that wanted to know about the vehicle could actually find something besides the over-the-top propaganda that EM vomits on a daily basis in an attempt to convince a new customer to commit.
This board is becoming unreadable because of all the crap.
I am sure there is another board out there that will meet your demands. I hope you are able to find it or if not, maybe you should form your own. :-) Z

golfsteve

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I urge you to look at those web sites and see if they are manufacturers or dealers/warehouse sales. Most have already paid a fee to either the manufacturer or the government to do so. What insurance companies decide makes a difference in your premiums.The state gets to determine what to classify the Elio as. Elio is trying to change the law in several states and they have done so in some which is great and a benefit to us all. But Ohio has yet to do so. Since Ohio is calling it a car, it falls under the aggreement with the dealership associations. Sorry if I offended you, but Ohio is being difficult and the situation seems to be different from Illinois.

Top Bottom