• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Send Email To Dop To Show Support For Elio Motors Loan.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With all of the government support and assistance EM or any new startup company requires to establish actually becomes successful........the politicians that helped make it happen should line up.........generally it's the politicians who opposed it initially that line up to take the credit and somehow convince their constituents.

I'm still more concerned with the behind the scenes influence of the UAW (United Auto Workers) than I am about the DOE process on it's own.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's been my concern all along, but I've been told that there are actually two types of loan, and the one Elio is applying for doesn't carry this stricture. If that's wrong, I'm surprised DOE is entertaining the application at all ... or else, Paul really does have some very large investors ready to play back-up. The ATVM program is really aimed at nudging the big guys to adopt more efficient / advanced technologies, not at start-ups. But who knows, it's gone this far ... I am hoping for the best.

In order to qualify for the ATVM loan, an applicant has to be judged as financially viable prior to any loan arrangement.

ATVM loans were intended by our politicians to ACCELERATE the market intoduction of PROMISING automotive technologies. Even though Elio Motors is apparently a viable stand alone company that has access to commercial sources of capital........accessing those sources may take time and significantly dely the launch of the Elio. That could be the primary reason for the loan application and loan approval along with the fact that the first years production cycle with 35,000 + current reservations may be sold out.

Oh, the power of the small investor as we unite as future Elio Owners.

Last edited:

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually it would not surprise me if Elio Motors can get the loan if they can prove they will not fail before the 2016 election cycle is over. With 36K+ reservations in hand and the very real likelihood hood of selling out the first years production well in advance it would be a huge political gain to loan Elio Motors the money they need to produce these vehicles starting in late 2015 and continuing through 2016.

I can already see politicians lining up in front of the Shreveport plant during the 2016 election cycle to take credit for creating thousands of American manufacturing jobs which deliver 10's of thousands of affordable and environmentally friendly super fuel efficient vehicles to average Americans. :rolleyes:
You got that right! :) I won't be impressed with any of them unless their sitting in an Elio with their name on the title! It's one thing to say your all for something, :rolleyes: it's another to actually support the business! :) So all you hand pumping, hot air blowing, baby kissers listen up! We the American lower and middle income classes are way ahead of you, the future is Elio, in automotive innovation! Free range, hormone free, GMO feed free, chicken in every pot and an Elio in every driveway!:D

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You got that right! :) I won't be impressed with any of them unless their sitting in an Elio with their name on the title! It's one thing to say your all for something, :rolleyes: it's another to actually support the business! :) So all you hand pumping, hot air blowing, baby kissers listen up! We the American lower and middle income classes are way ahead of you, the future is Elio, in automotive innovation! Free range, hormone free, GMO feed free, chicken in every pot and an Elio in every driveway!:D

I just started humming the National Anthem there... Weird...o_O

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm still more concerned with the behind the scenes influence of the UAW (United Auto Workers) than I am about the DOE process on it's own.
Way too soon to have that conversation. I would rather see people acquire jobs, then worry about protecting them before they even have them, having spent years on both sides of that fence.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

was the GM plant EM will be using unionized .... if so, I can see hiring former union workers could pose a problem

Jim

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
was the GM plant EM will be using unionized .... if so, I can see hiring former union workers could pose a problem

Jim
That could be true but I can also hear some of them saying screw the UAW, they didn't save my last job! It will depend on what Elio will offer in pay scale and benefits that will get people to line up for a job, with or without the UAW.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That could be true but I can also hear some of them saying screw the UAW, they didn't save my last job! It will depend on what Elio will offer in pay scale and benefits that will get people to line up for a job, with or without the UAW.

hopefully it will go well in both the short and long term

Jim

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's been my concern all along, but I've been told that there are actually two types of loan, and the one Elio is applying for doesn't carry this stricture. If that's wrong, I'm surprised DOE is entertaining the application at all ... or else, Paul really does have some very large investors ready to play back-up. The ATVM program is really aimed at nudging the big guys to adopt more efficient / advanced technologies, not at start-ups. But who knows, it's gone this far ... I am hoping for the best.
I'm pretty sure this is the one they applied for.
I'm also pretty sure it does indeed carry this stricture.
Take a good look at the pdf.
Especially "Financial Viability" and "Eligible Project".

I think you're still misreading the quote.
It means the feds require that EM will be financially viable to commercially produce this vehicle and meet the loan's terms if EM gets the loan.
It doesn't mean that the feds require EM to be completely financially viable to commercially produce this vehicle on their own without the loan.
The feds also need EM to able to accomplish this with the ATVM loan being the only federal funding given (or loaned) to EM.
Hence the "...other than the ATVMLP loan." part of the quote.
That's the confusion I'm trying to clear up.

The pdf seems to indicate that the program is intended for start-ups as well as "the big guys".

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are right that there are 2 loan types and Elio is applying for the one they qualify for. :-) Z

Top Bottom