• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good afternoon, my friend!

Seems like it's been "forever" since I last prowled this board. . . . . . . , and thus far, it reminds me of the "soap operas" from back in the 50's and 60's. Some of the faces have changed, but the story line has remained the same.

Everyone seems to continue to follow like little black sugar ants across the cabinet top. :D We're all still searching for that pot of gold, (Elio) at the end of the day. Maybe it will come, one day, huh?

Just wish Paul would STOP moving the goal post on us.

Oh well, I'll hang around here another few days, then it's back under ground for me. More than anything in life, I HATE TO BE LIED TOO. Our dear friend, Zelio is beyond all of this, God Bless her.

Worried that there will be many of us following in her steps before this is brought to market.

Good to see you still here!

Music Man. ;)
My face may be a little older but it hasn't changed! Good to hear you are still kicking around!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas

"Xmas is a common abbreviation of the word Christmas. It is sometimes pronounced /ˈɛksməs/, but Xmas, and variants such as Xtemass, originated as handwriting abbreviations for the typical pronunciation /ˈkrɪsməs/. The "X" comes from the Greekletter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Χριστός, which in English is "Christ".[1] The "-mas" part is from the Latin-derived Old English word for Mass.[2]

There is a common belief that the word Xmas stems from a secular attempt to remove the religious tradition from Christmas[3] by taking the "Christ" out of "Christmas", but its use dates back to the 16th century."
Yeah, I can google, of course. What I mean is that people would rather use a lazy shortcut rather than use Christ's name... It's his birthday we are celebrating. I'd be pissed if I showed up at my birthday celebration to a bunch of signs saying "Happy Birthday, X". I get that some (or maybe most) people don't mean to slight Christianity (or is it X-ianity?) by using the X instead of Christ but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I'm still allowed to NOT like something.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I can google, of course. What I mean is that people would rather use a lazy shortcut rather than use Christ's name... It's his birthday we are celebrating. I'd be pissed if I showed up at my birthday celebration to a bunch of signs saying "Happy Birthday, X". I get that some (or maybe most) people don't mean to slight Christianity (or is it X-ianity?) by using the X instead of Christ but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I'm still allowed to NOT like something.
I don't understand the insinuation that I'm lazy because you choose to celebrate Christmas. Please understand that Jolly St. Nick hosts my families Xmas celebrations that focus on gifting the needy and less fortunate so their kids can have a Merry Xmas or Christmas too.

Wishing you have a shiny new Elio in your Xmas Stocking this year or next at the very latest.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't understand the insinuation that I'm lazy because you choose to celebrate Christmas. Please understand that Jolly St. Nick hosts my families Xmas celebrations that focus on gifting the needy and less fortunate so their kids can have a Merry Xmas or Christmas too.

Wishing you have a shiny new Elio in your Xmas Stocking this year or next at the very latest.
:mod::mod::mod::mod::mod: Warning :mod::mod: Warning :mod::mod: Religious comments reaching high levels :mod::mod: Warning

(We now return you to your normal forum banter :becky:)

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sethodine is fairly new to the group, did not have the pleasure of knowing or conversing with Z. Too bad...

Yeah, I'm too new to have known her, but I for-sure know of her. My reaction was from being taken aback by the phrase:
If I follow Zelio's path prior to receiving my production vehicle I can live with that.
Bold emphasis added by me. This seemed to me either an ill-concieved joke or an unfortunate turn of phrase, neither of which was pleasant.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm too new to have known her, but I for-sure know of her. My reaction was from being taken aback by the phrase:

Bold emphasis added by me. This seemed to me either an ill-concieved joke or an unfortunate turn of phrase, neither of which was pleasant.
I would always understand that reference is about the fact that Zelio always posted the very-serious attitude that no mater how long it took, even if the price changed a little, the result was worth the wait (and the risk) both for the benefits to the new owner but especially to the public in general via both it's economic and green effects.

Personally, I would have added 'continue' that sentence, making it more clear I supported the view point. As in:

If I (continue to) follow Zelio's path prior to receiving my production vehicle (or even if that never happens) I can live with that. (I believe in the goal that much. )

Correct me if I'm wrong about the context here.

Last edited:

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My face may be a little older but it hasn't changed! Good to hear you are still kicking around!

Good evening Ty, from the Bayou state! :D

Isn't it GRAND to be members of the old "Elio Groupies?" :crutch:

Back in the "old days," we never had to :fencing:our way through the topics.

Yes Sir, Ty, it's good to see old friends still here. Sure have missed you guys; ALL of you!

Got a chair at my table for you too, when the "time" comes! :clock:

Stay cool, my friend, :cool2: and hang in there! :yo:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Zelio, bless her, refused to say an unkind word to or about anybody. She always looked forward and always had a practical yet optimistic point of view.

Zelio was my first welcome to the Forum.

image.jpeg

Top Bottom