• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
With the recent increase of reservations, I suspect a few of them will show up there.
(Along with the troll impersonators.)
How so? The only way you get a reservation; even if it's a $100 Want In is if you give them the money. How many trolls are going to lay out cash just to change a count? If it is a bogus credit card, it will get flagged and rejected; if not when they put it in, but at least within 30 days when the bank flags it.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the recent increase of reservations, I suspect a few of them will show up there.
(Along with the troll impersonators.)

How so? The only way you get a reservation; even if it's a $100 Want In is if you give them the money. How many trolls are going to lay out cash just to change a count? If it is a bogus credit card, it will get flagged and rejected; if not when they put it in, but at least within 30 days when the bank flags it.

The people who put down money for a reservation will be legitimate posters.
But the trolls will impersonate the legitimate reservationist, having put down no money.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I must have missed something. Why does the word yellow seemed to be banned? It would make a great Elio color - make it very visible. Did Paul Elio's dad hate that color? :)

Just to repost this, Jerome let me know, they will let the market determine the colors. So yes, if they get wind that Yellow is more popular than one of the others, they will strongly consider putting it in. The color set is not the immobile issue, it's a limitation of 7 colors in production. They could even change from time-to-time, but they must always consider their time to deliver and production flow issues.

Obviously, if they offer a color, there must be co-ordination to sales, such that a color promised must be deliverable in the schedule offered. What we should do is ask EM that someway be provided in the order form to ask for a new color, and be willing to wait for it to have a 'season'.

I wonder in the case of the Elio, could they have seasonal color specials? Xmas, Halloween, Valentines Day, Autumn,? It would be unprecedented to do that in the industry, but it could be done.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder in the case of the Elio, could they have seasonal color specials? Xmas, Halloween, Valentines Day, Autumn,? It would be unprecedented to do that in the industry, but it could be done.

[TV Commercial] Come by your local Elio Store for our special Easter Event! Get $100 of free options on your new pastel Elio! For the next two weeks only, check out our special holiday colors: Skyz Blue, Peep Yellow, Sunset Lavender and Seafoam Green! And ask your sales associate about our limited edition vinyl stripes and spots package!

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
GM and I am sure other manufacturers used to offer back in the 1970's "special order" colors at an additional cost. I don't see why Elio couldn't offer that option to those willing to pay and wait for their special order Elio's. Also, I could see Elio offering a "Special Edition" or "Limited Edition" Elio in a special color with unique options as standard equipment at a special price. Maybe only 1000 "Special or Limited editions" units would be offered. Just a thought.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
GM and I am sure other manufacturers used to offer back in the 1970's "special order" colors at an additional cost. I don't see why Elio couldn't offer that option to those willing to pay and wait for their special order Elio's. Also, I could see Elio offering a "Special Edition" or "Limited Edition" Elio in a special color with unique options as standard equipment at a special price. Maybe only 1000 "Special or Limited editions" units would be offered. Just a thought.
You mean like "the Collector Series?"

Top Bottom