• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reliant Robin

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, similar as far as three wheels go. The Brits have a long tradition of three wheelers, something our regulations made much more difficult to pull off. I would guess that the US has the toughest auto standards in the world, certainly in the top 5. No way we could produce a plywood vehicle here, but they are out there.

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The vehicle used for the "space shuttle" was a Reliant Rialto, which superseded the Robin in the early 1980s. Later the Rialto was superseded by the Robin, all a bit confusing, because the name had lingered on in peoples' minds.

In fact, the "vehicle" they actually launched was a lightweight mock-up. I understand the car used for the ground shots was hidden under a tarpaulin for some time afterwards.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In fact, the "vehicle" they actually launched was a lightweight mock-up. I understand the car used for the ground shots was hidden under a tarpaulin for some time afterwards.
Now that you said, yes it did look a little 'angular' at the edges. It's just figures that was staged.,, err, ah, unstaged :-) ! But it was a great explosion!

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Armored Reliant Robin? :cool: Daily Mail.
article-2156474-1381C90E000005DC-298_634x402.jpg

I wonder if some one will come out with an armored version of the Elio? :rolleyes:
article-2156474-1381C9B0000005DC-688_634x405.jpg
Hmm, seems like they are missing something. I know, either a flame thrower or a recoiless rifle, otherwise it just seems a little under dressed.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now that you said, yes it did look a little 'angular' at the edges. It's just figures that was staged.,, err, ah, unstaged :) ! But it was a great explosion!
Arrrgh! You mean to tell me everything The Boys do is isn't actually real?! What, the next thing you're going to tell me is that they are allowing Dr. Who a 13th regeneration? Are there no absolutes left in this world?!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arrrgh! You mean to tell me everything The Boys do is isn't actually real?! What, the next thing you're going to tell me is that they are allowing Dr. Who a 13th regeneration? Are there no absolutes left in this world?!
I got the impression it was total reset for Dr Who, i.e. 12 more! Or maybe the Caveat is that the 14th is always a woman(in reference to that rumor.) :-)

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got the impression it was total reset for Dr Who, i.e. 12 more! Or maybe the Caveat is that the 14th is always a woman(in reference to that rumor.) :)
I'm old school Whovian and the only Time Lord with a 13th regeneration was (Dum, Dum Dummmm! -a trumpet sting) The Master!! But times they are a changing, so if I can learn to live with the alleged fact that not everything on Top Gear is real, then I can live with a Doctor with a second round of 12 regenerations.

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm old school Whovian and the only Time Lord with a 13th regeneration was (Dum, Dum Dummmm! -a trumpet sting) The Master!! But times they are a changing, so if I can learn to live with the alleged fact that not everything on Top Gear is real, then I can live with a Doctor with a second round of 12 regenerations.

Next thing, you'll be telling us that Star Trek was a documentary....

Top Bottom