• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Poll - Are You Or Have You Ever Been A Motorcycle Rider?

Current, Former, or never been a Motorcycle rider

• Total voters

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was a rider until last September. Had a pretty bad wreck. I would love to ride again, but I respect my wife's wishes not to get back on. My elbow below, in addition to a broken ankle, leg, and messed up knee.

View attachment 241

Luckily I didn't have to deal with anything like that. I've had four motorcycle accidents. First one I kept pushing the bike faster and faster through the same corner on the way to work every day. I found out that 46mph was the fastest I could take that corner. When I wrecked a guy came running out of a near by house and looked at me and said, "Oh my god, are you okay". I looked back at him, still amazed that I didn't die like every told me I would if I wrecked and said, "Holy sh**! I didn't die". I picked up my bike started it and rode off in my shorts, t-shirt and flip flops.

Second wreck was the 80mph wheely and I walked away from that. The photographer taking the photos said, "What the fu**, you guys do this for fun"? All I was worried about was if he captured it on film or not. That way I could prove to everyone just how stupid I was.

Third, bike slipped on a wet railroad track that I had crossed no less than a thousand times before. That one hurt. 25mph, destroyed both my rotator cuffs, but walked away.

Lastly, I made eye contact with a 16 year old kid for about 20 seconds as he proceeded to make a left in front of me. My bike stopped and I did a perfect flip over the car landed on the other side. Once again, I was fortunate enough to walk away. The bike however, was not.

I have grow quite a bit over the last 15 years and I have definitely got less stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was a rider until last September. Had a pretty bad wreck. I would love to ride again, but I respect my wife's wishes not to get back on. My elbow below, in addition to a broken ankle, leg, and messed up knee.

View attachment 241
Like you I am a former rider who sustained significant injuries and nearly lost my leg. My wife also said it was time to give it up. I really miss riding and the Elio should fulfill my desire to ride again and enjoy the feel of the open road.

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I also have a agreement with my wife that I will not own a motorcycle again. I am extremely competitive and it gets in the way of sound judgement. After taking my wife which was my girlfriend at the time on a ride through a windy mountain road through a hundred knee dragging turns and more than a few 140-150mph straight aways. She was done and feared for my life every time I went out on a ride with my friends. Looking back I'm surprised I survived that phase of my life. Now with two beautiful daughters and a wonderful wife I stay away from things with two wheels.

Pretty lousy resolution, but here's a few pics of my old bike.

unude4ud.jpg

uqajyryd.jpg

The day that these photos were taken I wrecked doing an 80mph wheely in 3rd gear. My friend and I had a photographer taking photos and he captured five photos of the wreck in action. I'll try and find them and post them. I some how walked away and went to work two hours later with a little road rash. That bike was my daily transportation for about four years rain or shine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the Elio will be just about as much fun as a motorcycle but I don't think I will be doing any 3rd gear wheelies.

ajetmech

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Been riding since I was 16 and have had all kinds of bikes over the years, currently have a 2009 Suzuki V-Strom, which you see in my avatar. That picture is on the "Dalton Hwy" in Alaska up by the Arctic Circle, on a trip to Alaska that I did back in 2011 with my Dad (him on his 2005 GoldWing). I use my bike a lot for commuting when the weather is decent for my 55 mile round trip to work and back. But now that I'm in my mid 50's, that cold or wet weather and also going to work for 2nd shift schedule when it's 100 degrees plus is what I want the Elio for. After almost 40 years of riding been very fortunate and never had a bad accident on a bike, had some close calls avoiding some knuckleheads on the road, and a couple of cases of nasty road rash, but no broken bones.

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been a rider for nearly 50 years and still going.
I called my 04 ST1300A Blue, a crotch rocket w/luggage.
He was smooth, quiet and fast.........not that I ever violated the law.

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 241

I have a titanium rod, left knee to pinned ankle, collapsed lung, fractured pelvis/color bone/multiple ribs. Aug 2004 and got back on Blue, 04 ST1300A, 5-6 months later.
I need to contact ATL Grady Trauma Center and try to get a copy of my x-rays.

Last edited:

mike171

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I am an avid motorcyclist and have been for 20 years. I have never had an accident but certainly not from a lack of trying by other motorists. I currently own 6 motorcycles including a top gas ZX1100 dragbike. I do not think of the Elio as a motorcycle. I see it as fun, unique 4 season transportation at a good value.
001.JPG

Top Bottom