• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

Dooltd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry Folks....... I wouldn't trust Pep Boys to change the wheel on my son's little red wagon. Damed if I'll take a car there, ..... any car. Besides, the nearest one is a 100 miles from my house. To far for me.
As a Southern Californian, I have to agree. Pep Boys doesn't have the greatest reputation for service. That said, I have never used them so I really shouldn't give an opinion. :cool:

Texconsin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Year-to-date, Pep Boys stock has struggled—dropping nearly 23 percent even as the S&P 500 is up 6 percent...and the CEO just resigned.

Will Pep Boys be around to service the Elio? What happens if they fold or are acquired? Maybe the Elio showrooms will have to be full service dealers.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not a good sign for Elio or the future Elio owners.
Now if Pep Boys were to go under in the next year or so talking about a CAT IN A BAG Elio would have one.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I hope nothing but the best for Pep Boys, a new one is going up less than 5 miles from our home .... that said, over the years I've taken vehicles to a three or four of their stores and have never received that quality of service that made me want to go back

Jim

Roberto Benitez

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Personally, that is the least of my concerns. While Pep Boys' viability will affect warranty, overall, the Elio should be simple--and standard enough, being build from of-the-shelf parts--that any shop should be able to service it. I may be able to make minor fixes myself; O.K., that may not happen, but anyone with minimal automotive skills should be able to handle it.

Top Bottom