• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P4 Pictures

robert109

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I prefer the P3 look truth is the headlights where a bit kit car like and the new integrated lights have more production car quality to them. I do plan to get rid of those wheel covers as soon as I can but think the new design is workable to make it what I like.

View attachment 106

Those wheel covers removed you will probably lose 5 mpg highway.

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had "wheel pants" on two planes I owned and could only see a speed difference of about 3 knots at 105 knots and about the same on another at 125 knots. Fuel burn was lower without them as well but it was minimul. There's a point where the wheel covers will be effective but it will only be noticable at highway speeds, at lower speeds it will probably be a wash.

If you do a majority of long distance highway driving then stick with the wheel covers. If your a back road rural driver like myself, pull them off and throw on some wire wheels.

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The new P4 Elio looks like a spaceship or some future machine now. I still like it, but for diffferent reasons if that makes sense. The P3 looked hot rod-ish, this looks futuristic.

I like the P4 better . Was not too keen on the bug eyes . I am anticipating a broad range of aftermarket bolt on goodies including old style fenders , custom grills and wraps . If the Elio makes it's way to Japan , you can bet that market will be on fire with custom mods .

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it was already mentioned that Elio will offer both style fenders, open & closed. I hope this is the case because from what I've seen, everyone is split on which one they want. Elio can meet its goal of 84mpg with the disclaimer "closed fenders" only but many of us will sacrifice a few mpg's for the open design.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Open style fenders will be an option and it would not surprise me if there are ultimately several different fender styles to choose from as, in my opinion, it's the options and accessories that will really make Elio Motors a commercial success.

Paul Elio understands that to make his dream of a safe, inexpensive, ultra high mileage, American made vehicle work he needs to make his assembly process as streamlined as possible and he has this planned already. He also understands that in order to attract the widest possible audience, and provide plenty of profit margin, he needs to offer a large catalog of official options and accessories which will enable people to customize this vehicle pretty much any way they see fit.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
He also understands that in order to attract the widest possible audience, and provide plenty of profit margin, he needs to offer a large catalog of official options and accessories which will enable people to customize this vehicle pretty much any way they see fit.

one can't help but wonder how many of the optional accessories will be available from Pep Boys

Jim

Top Bottom