• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P4 Pictures

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
is the P4 the body style the model that is being taken to the shows .... so far as is known, is it the body style that will be produced if/when the Elio goes into production

Jim
Yes, the P4 is the model doing the road shows. They are occasionally ussing the older P3 model at events. The P5 (production model) will be very similar to the P4, no major changes. They have said there will be a small change to the front air intake area and the back roof will be raised slightely to allow more room for the passenger.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, the P4 is the model doing the road shows. They are occasionally ussing the older P3 model at events. The P5 (production model) will be very similar to the P4, no major changes. They have said there will be a small change to the front air intake area and the back roof will be raised slightely to allow more room for the passenger.

info appreciated .... they are scheduled to be in our area in December and we are going to try and get there to see their display

Jim

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
info appreciated .... they are scheduled to be in our area in December and we are going to try and get there to see their display

Jim
Yea, I gotten ripped off twice now. lol THey we in Dallas for a couple days for the Earch Day Festival. I decided to go to the Sunday showing. They had to switch to the P3 for Sunday because they had to take the P4 to New York for the Fox and Friends interview. Tehy will be here again for the State Fair next month and I find out they are again bringing the P3. Not sure why. But I have yet to have the opportunity to sit in the P4. I will say, the P3 was nice (although a little worn from so many people getting in and out and sitting in it). I already had my all in depostit down before hand, but sitting in it made me realize I made the right decision.

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't mean to sound "uncaring" but, I think it will be a few years before the Elio will be available "across the pond." I don't claim to know how your legal system works over there, but here in the States, the laws can be "amended". Sometimes tho, they seem to simply be "overlooked." Example: Several years ago, I was contemplating building the R.Q. Riley "XR-3". The question on the discussion boards was about "rear view mirror" placement. The "written law" clearly stated: ..."mirrors must be mounted on the handlebars"...Well, the XR-3, (like the Elio) 1.) doesn't have handlebars. And 2.) The mirrors are mounted on the body! It was quickly pointed out that (just one example) the "Honda GoldWing" Is clearly in violation, as the mirrors are mounted on the body (faring).
Only time will tell, If the P4 headlight will work in the UK. I DO think that EM is capable of making is happen...when the time comes.
The sarcasm is a little over the top for this friendly blog. The commenter from the UK was only pointing out what the current UK law says. I thought it was good and useful information. He never said he believed that UK laws could not be changed. (Actually, its a pretty good law because you don't want protrusions much wider than the span of the headlights because they can't be seen at night.)

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The sarcasm is a little over the top for this friendly blog. The commenter from the UK was only pointing out what the current UK law says. I thought it was good and useful information. He never said he believed that UK laws could not be changed. (Actually, its a pretty good law because you don't want protrusions much wider than the span of the headlights because they can't be seen at night.)

I appreciate your concern for "wheathers" (No sarcasm intended). I have great respect for him. I have found his posts to be knowledgeable, intelligent and insightful. I appreciate your comments in a similar way. I have re-read it and am still not sure what you mean. :) Peace

trock59

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The latest design with regard to the placing of the headlights may mean the Elio won't be legal in UK. The design requirement is for headlights to be no more than 400mm from the extreme outer edge of the vehicle. It looks like they don't comply, whereas the previous design, with the lights in side pods, probably would.
Should be fairly easy to mount a set of clearance lights on the fenders- could use driving lights too!

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No offence was taken by myself, no problems there. Having built my own car (only 60 of them will ever exist, the line closed about 5 years ago), I had to build it so it complied with the many rules and regulations that apply.

Unfortunately, a pair of running lights on the fenders wouldn't comply with the regulations. The P3 would comply in that respect and to be honest, I think I prefer the shape of that car anyway.

I may never get to buy an Elio, I accept that. In the meantime, it's interesting to keep tabs on this very interesting project.

Top Bottom