• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Okay....that's Strange!

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the beginning of this thread I had mentioned pulse jet.
Here's something I haven't been able to figure out yet; when the first retired the U2 the SR71 was the replacement for it (it had already been in service for years at that point) but then they rework the U2 and announce they are retiring the SR71. One big problem with that, no one knows how many they built; so when they retired X amount of them; then brought one back for NOAA to use (which you no longer hear about) and they have denied the Aurora is in service. So what did replace the SR71? The public thinks it's been satellites because that's what they were told, but why are they testing the X 47B? What is in service for surveillance? And why haven't they ever announced an aircraft to replace the SR71?
My theory is that the replacement might be a drone to eliminate the pilot G-force problem and they are choosing not to reveal it at this time. Perhaps a Pilotless Aurora under a different name. We'll probably know in two or three decades.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It gets a little more confusing when the bodies aren't in contact. Take the moon. The earth's gravity pulls on the moon and the moon pulls back on the earth. The circular orbit of the moon is proof the earth has a hold on it. The tides are proof the moon pulls right back.
Centrifugal and centripetal forces confuse the issue, but do not oppose Newtonian Physics. They just make it more difficult for some to grasp.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Newton's third law:
"When one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction on the first body."

Popularly paraphrased: "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

There is no "antigravity" that opposes gravity, nor is there required to be such a force to fulfill Newton's third law. When the earth's gravity pulls on you with a certain force, you are also exerting the exact same gravitational force on the earth. That is the "equal in magnitude and opposite in direction" force that Newton's law says exists. The earth pulls on you with 150 pounds, you pull back on the earth with 150 pounds. Same force, opposite direction.

I have got to quit pulling back. All of that spent energy is wearing me out.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In 2000, Task Research fabricated an air foil that looked like one half of an eggshell. It was about 35' on the long Dim. and about 6' deep. We did not learn what it was. We were contracted to build it at Lockheed.
Now with my foil hat firmly in place, we are told that for every force there is an equal and opposite force. So, I ask, where is antigravity, the force opposite of gravity? It must exist somewhere.
There is a time continuum far to vast for science to measure for now. For us mere mortals the time might as well be infinite. That said, earth and all heavenly objects are on the compression or collapsing side of the initial big bang. In other words the earth is becoming more dense as it slows from the initial big bank. That this occurs over such a long time span is what places this beyond our present understanding. This is only the reciprocal of initial expansion or the decompression side of that big bang explosion once again covering a time expanse longer than science can measure at present. Gravity is nothing more than the inertia as the earth slows from becoming more and more dense over an almost infinite or more than measurable time span. Though over a much shorter time span the inertia felt from a rapid braking or deceleration of anything such a braking a car or the pull out from a diving airplane of even the bottoming inertia felt on roller coasters. I'm glad someone finally cleared that up for me. Thanks.

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a flying Elio with an engine using pig-fart 2 cycle compression and a Taco Bell bean burrito modulated exhaust system.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a time continuum far to vast for science to measure for now. For us mere mortals the time might as well be infinite. That said, earth and all heavenly objects are on the compression or collapsing side of the initial big bang. In other words the earth is becoming more dense as it slows from the initial big bank. That this occurs over such a long time span is what places this beyond our present understanding. This is only the reciprocal of initial expansion or the decompression side of that big bang explosion once again covering a time expanse longer than science can measure at present. Gravity is nothing more than the inertia as the earth slows from becoming more and more dense over an almost infinite or more than measurable time span. Though over a much shorter time span the inertia felt from a rapid braking or deceleration of anything such a braking a car or the pull out from a diving airplane of even the bottoming inertia felt on roller coasters. I'm glad someone finally cleared that up for me. Thanks.

So, if the earth were actually shrinking, I would float off to the end of my tether because the rocks in my pocket would float too. I got it.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, if the earth were actually shrinking, I would float off to the end of my tether because the rocks in my pocket would float too. I got it.
Don't worry. Time frames for scientific certainty are measured in decades, not eons. I'm CERTAIN the theory will change several times before we shrivel up to nothing.

Top Bottom