• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V17

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors Momentum v17
ELIO_05506_Momentum_Blog_Masthead_1_B.jpg

sec2.jpg

Another Giant Step…

As you know, we have been in the “Testing the Waters” phase of an equity crowdfunding initiative since June 19. It was made possible by the amendments to Regulation A (known as Regulation A+) mandated by the Jumpstart Our Business Startup (JOBS) Act of 2012. Paul talked about crowdfunding and its importance to startups in his recent interview with Motley Fool.

Since we launched this effort on equity crowdfunding platform StartEngine.com, more than 8,600 people raised their hands and said, “I’m interested.” (metaphorically speaking, of course!) We have received non-binding expressions of interest of nearly $32 million. And that leads us to last week’s big news.

On Friday, Aug. 28, we filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) seeking authorization to make a formal stock offer of $25 million. We have been told by several knowledgeable sources that our application can take anywhere from 30 to 75 days to review. We’ll likely have to make some changes to our offering based on feedback from the SEC. This could add another two weeks or so to the process, but in all likelihood, we’ll know sometime this fall whether we are authorized to make a formal stock offering.

If and when we are authorized by the SEC to make a formal offer, our next big challenge very well could be managing the demand. As stated, we’re only trying to raise $25 million at this time through this initiative. However, we have non-binding expressed interest of nearly $32 million.

We are working on a process that will allow those who have made non-binding expressions of interest a window of opportunity to purchase shares before the rest of the general public. In all likelihood, only those who have made a non-binding expression of interest during this “Testing the Waters” phase will be able to purchase Elio stock for a specified number of days before we announce to the general public that authorization from the SEC has been received. The objective being to do what we can to ensure that the folks who made reservations actually have the opportunity to formally secure shares. We are working out details of this process and will keep you updated as it is developed.

The whole process keeps with our DNA of being an innovative company. We’re already one of the largest crowdfunded projects in history. The funds raised through our vehicle reservations, combined with a crowdfunding initiative aimed at accredited investors in March, makes Elio Motors the second largest crowdfunded project in the world! It’s an impressive accomplishment.

It also fits with the incredible grass roots support that people like you have shown for Elio Motors. We have been blessed with an amazing group of fans and friends. It’s a long and difficult trek to launch a startup. But, the support we’ve received from reservation holders, fans and potential investors keeps us moving forward, and helps keep our enthusiasm growing.

Last week’s SEC filing was a big step in the right direction. It helps answer some of our funding questions and puts us in a better position to succeed. We look forward to hearing back from the SEC in the near future as we continue our relentless push forward. As always, we’ll keep you posted as we learn more.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I take this to mean, they hope people who have expressed interest will buy their shares directly from EM before the offering, and thus they will not be buying shares when the offering is made. This leaves room for the people who expressed interest after the $25 M was reached, to buy their shares. Thus EM is able to reap the full $30M+ . Some would be obtained outside the $25M before the offering, the rest would be within the $25M offering.

They said:
"
We are working on a process that will allow those who have made non-binding expressions of interest a window of opportunity to purchase shares before the rest of the general public. In all likelihood, only those who have made a non-binding expression of interest during this “Testing the Waters” phase will be able to purchase Elio stock for a specified number of days before we announce to the general public that authorization from the SEC has been received. The objective being to do what we can to ensure that the folks who made reservations actually have the opportunity to formally secure shares. We are working out details of this process and will keep you updated as it is developed."

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I created this thread, I was hoping to get a response from people, but instead got none. I will try again.

Elio Motors will be offering us the opportunity to buy our shares from them directly instead of buying them through the SEC crowdfunding offering.

What will you do when this offer comes? Will you buy your shares directly from Elio Motors or will you wait and buy them through the SEC crowdfunding offering?

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it will depend on "How much per share".
They probably will have a "Min. share" rule.
I will, if it is a financial benefit at the time.

WIllie

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I created this thread, I was hoping to get a response from people, but instead got none. I will try again.

Elio Motors will be offering us the opportunity to buy our shares from them directly instead of buying them through the SEC crowdfunding offering.

What will you do when this offer comes? Will you buy your shares directly from Elio Motors or will you wait and buy them through the SEC crowdfunding offering?

I'm still kind of confused as to what we get for buying shares? Is this something we can make money on, like when buying shares of Walmart?

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do not believe this to be the case. In fact, I believe this would be highly illegal, and likely to earn a few people a coveted orange jumpsuit.

I read this to mean that once the SEC offering is approved for selling stock to non-qualified investors, the people that expressed interest via StartEngine will be allowed first crack at the shares *before* the general public is given the option of picking up the rest. Everyone will be buying the same shares, through the same program.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm still kind of confused as to what we get for buying shares? Is this something we can make money on, like when buying shares of Walmart?
Yes. You are buying stock in the company, just like you would get when you call your broker and say "Buy me 500 shares of Google!"

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Yes. You are buying stock in the company, just like you would get when you call your broker and say "Buy me 500 shares of Google!"

Thanks for the answer Rob. I'm glad Adamant asked the question.

For selling, if we chose to sell, would the same process apply... call your broker for example 3 months after buying the shares, and say "sell 25 of my shares of Elio stock"?

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For selling, if we chose to sell, would the same process apply... call your broker for example 3 months after buying the shares, and say "sell 25 of my shares of Elio stock"?
Well, that's one of the issues with this sort of stock offering. They won't be listed on any stock exchanges to start with, so it probably wouldn't be that easy. The SEC filing did mention that EM will likely list the stock on an "OTC" exchange, but I don't know the details of how trading of shares will actually work.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As slinches says, the filing has some details about it:

There currently is no public trading market for our securities and an active market may not develop or, if developed, be sustained. If
a public trading market does not develop, you may not be able to sell any of your securities.

There is currently no public trading market for our common stock, and an active market may not develop or be sustained. If an
active public trading market for our securities does not develop or is not sustained, it may be difficult or impossible for you to resell
your shares at any price. Even if a public market does develop, the market price could decline below the amount you paid for your
shares.

There is currently no trading market for our common stock. We intend to apply to have our shares of common stock approved for trading on the
OTCQX marketplace and expect to trade under the symbol “____” upon the completion of this offering.

Top Bottom